Estimating the cross-sectional market response to an endogenous event: Naked vs. underwritten calls of convertible bonds
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Empirical Finance.
Volume (Year): 14 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chib, Siddhartha & Hamilton, Barton H., 2000. "Bayesian analysis of cross-section and clustered data treatment models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 25-50, July.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr, 1977. "An Examination of Corporate Call Policies on Convertible Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 463-78, May.
- Brennan, M J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1977. "Convertible Bonds: Valuation and Optimal Strategies for Call and Conversion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(5), pages 1699-1715, December.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Singh, Ajai K. & Cowan, Arnold R. & Nayar, Nandkumar, 1991. "Underwritten calls of convertible bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 173-196, March.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1985. " A Sequential Signalling Model of Convertible Debt Call Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1263-81, December.
- Acharya, Sankarshan, 1988. " A Generalized Econometric Model and Tests of a Signalling Hypothesis with Two Discrete Signals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 413-29, June.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1996.
"Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 409-431, August.
- Siddhartha Chib & Edward Greenberg, 1994. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Econometrics," Econometrics 9408001, EconWPA, revised 24 Oct 1994.
- Acharya, Sankarshan, 1993. " Value of Latent Information: Alternative Event Study Methods," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 363-85, March.
- Ofer, Aharon R. & Natarajan, Ashok, 1987. "Convertible call policies : An empirical analysis of an information-signaling hypothesis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 91-108, September.
- Eckbo, B Espen & Maksimovic, Vojislav & Williams, Joseph, 1990. "Consistent Estimation of Cross-Sectional Models in Event Studies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(3), pages 343-65.
- Jaffee, Dwight & Shleifer, Andrei, 1990.
"Costs of Financial Distress, Delayed Calls of Convertible Bonds, and the Role of Investment Banks,"
3606238, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jaffee, Dwight & Shleifer, Andrei, 1990. "Costs of Financial Distress, Delayed Calls of Convertible Bonds, and the Role of Investment Banks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages S107-23, January.
- Dwight Jaffee & Andrei Shleifer, 1988. "Costs Of Financial Distress, Delayed Calls Of Convertible Bonds, And The Role Of Investment Banks," NBER Working Papers 2558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1979. "Identification and Estimation in Binary Choice Models with Limited (Censored) Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 977-96, July.
- Nagpurnanand R. Prabhala, 1997. "Conditional Methods in Event-Studies and an Equilibrium Justification for Standard Event-Study Procedures," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm55, Yale School of Management.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Chib, Siddhartha, 1992. "Bayes inference in the Tobit censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 79-99.
- Ederington, Louis H & Goh, Jeremy C, 2001. "Is a Convertible Bond Call Really Bad News?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(3), pages 459-76, July.
- Datta, Sudip & Iskandar-Datta, Mai, 1996. "New Evidence on the Valuation Effects of Convertible Bond Calls," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 295-307, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.