Manager education and mutual fund performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Empirical Finance.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. " Returns to Buying Winners and Selling Losers: Implications for Stock Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-91, March.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan, 1994. "A Study of Monthly Mutual Fund Returns and Performance Evaluation Techniques," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(03), pages 419-444, September.
- Golec, Joseph H., 1996. "The effects of mutual fund managers' characteristics on their portfolio performance, risk and fees," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 133-147.
- Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber & Christopher R. Blake, 2003. "Incentive Fees and Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(2), pages 779-804, 04.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R, 1997. " The Operating Performance of Firms Conducting Seasoned Equity Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1823-50, December.
- Judith Chevalier & Glenn Ellison, 1999.
"Career Concerns Of Mutual Fund Managers,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 114(2), pages 389-432, May.
- Erik R. Sirri & Peter Tufano, 1998. "Costly Search and Mutual Fund Flows," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1589-1622, October.
- Ferson, Wayne E & Schadt, Rudi W, 1996. " Measuring Fund Strategy and Performance in Changing Economic Conditions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 425-61, June.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Droms, William G & Walker, David A, 1994. "Investment Performance of International Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 1-14, Spring.
- Joseph Chen & Harrison Hong & Ming Huang & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 2004. "Does Fund Size Erode Mutual Fund Performance? The Role of Liquidity and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1276-1302, December.
- Kempf, Alexander & Pütz, Alexander & Sonnenburg, Florian, 2012. "Fund manager duality: Impact on performance and investment behavior," CFR Working Papers 12-06, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Kauko, Karlo, 2009.
"Managers and efficiency in banking,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 546-556, March.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Keloharju, Matti & Linnainmaa, Juhani T., 2012. "IQ, trading behavior, and performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 339-362.
- Karagiannidis, Iordanis, 2012. "The effect of management team characteristics on risk-taking and style extremity of mutual fund portfolios," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 153-158.
- Amparo Soler Domínguez & Juan Carlos Matallín Sáez & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2013. "Does active management add value? New evidence from a quantile regression approach," Working Papers. Serie EC 2013-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Michela Rancan, 2013. "The Value of Social Networks in Financial Markets," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/21, European University Institute.
- Kempf, Alexander & Pütz, Alexander & Sonnenburg, Florian, 2013. "The impact of duality on managerial decisions and performance: Evidence from the mutual fund industry," CFR Working Papers 12-06 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- J. Carlos Matallín-Sáez & Amparo Soler-Domínguez & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2013. "Does active management add value? New evidence from a quantile regression," Working Papers 2013/01, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther & Monjon, Stéphanie, 2012. "The Performance of Socially Responsible Funds : Does the Screening Process Matter ?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7347, Paris Dauphine University.
- Fang, Jieyan & Kempf, Alexander & Trapp, Monika, 2012. "Fund manager allocation," CFR Working Papers 10-04 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Rawley Z Heimer, 2013. "Friends do let friends buy stocks actively," Working Paper 1314, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Omar Masood & Bora Aktan & Sahil Chaudhary, 2009. "The investment decision-making process from a risk manager's perspective: a survey," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 106-120, June.
- Andreu, Laura & Pütz, Alexander, 2012. "Are two business degrees better than one? Evidence from mutual fund managers' education," CFR Working Papers 12-01, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.