Economic determinants of emerging stock market interdependence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Emerging Markets Review.
Volume (Year): 3 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chowdhury, Abdur R., 1994. "Stock market interdependencies: Evidence from the asian NIEs," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 629-651.
- Chen, Nai-fu & Zhang, Feng, 1997. "Correlations, trades and stock returns of the Pacific-Basin markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(5), pages 559-577, December.
- Roll, Richard, 1992. " Industrial Structure and the Comparative Behavior of International Stock Market Indices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 3-41, March.
- Chuhan, Punam & DEC, 1994. "Are institutional investors an important source of portfolio investment in emerging markets?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1243, The World Bank.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997.
"Emerging Equity Market Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
5307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arshanapalli, Bala & Doukas, John, 1993. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from the pre- and post-October 1987 period," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 193-208, February.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Sheng, Hsiao-Ching & Tu, Anthony H., 2000. "A study of cointegration and variance decomposition among national equity indices before and during the period of the Asian financial crisis," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 345-365, December.
- Meric, Ilhan & Meric, Gulser, 1989. "Potential gains from international portfolio diversification and inter-temporal stability and seasonality in international stock market relationships," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 627-640, September.
- Stephen K. McNees, 1992. "How large are economic forecast errors?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 25-42.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Bracker, Kevin & Docking, Diane Scott & Koch, Paul D., 1999. "Economic determinants of evolution in international stock market integration," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Christofi, A. & Pericli, A., 1999. "Correlation in price changes and volatility of major Latin American stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 79-93, January.
- Elaine Karen Buckberg, 1996. "Institutional Investors and Asset Pricing in Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 96/2, International Monetary Fund.
- Serra, Ana Paula, 2000. "Country and industry factors in returns: evidence from emerging markets' stocks," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 127-151, September.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1997. "Stochastic Trends in Stock Prices: Evidence from Latin American Markets," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 285-304, April.
- Bracker, Kevin & Koch, Paul D., 1999. "Economic determinants of the correlation structure across international equity markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 443-471.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1999. "Are Asian stock market fluctuations due mainly to intra-regional contagion effects? Evidence based on Asian emerging stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 251-282, August.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2010. "Economic Factors Contributing to Time-Varying Conditional Correlations in Stock Returns," MPRA Paper 28391, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michel Beine & Bertrand Candelon, 2007.
"Liberalization and Stock Market Co-Movement between Emerging Economies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2131, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michel Beine & Bertrand Candelon, 2011. "Liberalisation and stock market co-movement between emerging economies," Quantitative Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 299-312.
- Joao Leitao & Cristovao Oliveira, 2005. "The Contagion Effect of the Terrorist Attacks of the 11th of September," Finance 0510006, EconWPA.
- Tinashe Harry Dumile Kambadza & Zivanemoyo Chinzara, 2012. "Returns Correlation Structure and Volatility Spillovers Among the Major African Stock Markets," Working Papers 305, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Schotman, Peter C & Zalewska, Ania, 2005. "Non-synchronous Trading and Testing for Market Integration in Central European Emerging Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5352, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrés Rivas & Rahul Verma & Antonio Rodriguez & Pedro H. Albuquerque, 2005. "Do European Stock Markets Affect Latin American Stock Markets?," Finance 0512017, EconWPA.
- Kizys, Renatas & Pierdzioch, Christian, 2009. "Changes in the international comovement of stock returns and asymmetric macroeconomic shocks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 289-305, April.
- Brian M. Lucey, QiYu Zhang* School of Business, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, 2009.
"Does cultural distance matter in international stock market comovement? Evidence from emerging economies around the world,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Lucey, Brian M. & Zhang, QiYu, 2010. "Does cultural distance matter in international stock market comovement? Evidence from emerging economies around the world," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 62-78, March.
- Barari, Mahua, 2004. "Equity market integration in Latin America: A time-varying integration score analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 649-668.
- Gupta, Rakesh & Guidi, Francesco, 2012.
"Cointegration relationship and time varying co-movements among Indian and Asian developed stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 10-22.
- Guidi, Francesco, 2010. "Cointegration relationship and time varying co-movements among Indian and Asian developed stock markets," MPRA Paper 19853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Steven Zongshin Liu & Sophia Meiying Lai & Kung-Cheng Lin, 2006. "Stock Market Interdependence and Trade Relations: A Correlation Test for the U.S. and Its Trading Partners," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(5), pages 1-15.
- Brian Lucey & Raj Aggarwal, 2010. "Dynamics of Equity Market Integration in Europe: Impact of Political Economy Events," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 641-660, 06.
- Cristiana Tudor, 2011. "Changes in Stock Markets Interdependencies as a Result of the Global Financial Crisis: Empirical Investigation on the CEE Region," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(4), pages 525-543, December.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Sivarajasingham, Selliah, 2008. "Parametric and nonparametric Granger causality testing: Linkages between international stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(11), pages 2547-2560.
- Chuang, I-Yuan & Lu, Jin-Ray & Tswei, Keshin, 2007. "Interdependence of international equity variances: Evidence from East Asian markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 311-327, December.
- Schotman, Peter C. & Zalewska, Anna, 2006. "Non-synchronous trading and testing for market integration in Central European emerging markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 462-494, October.
- A. Maghyereh & B. Awartani, 2012. "Return and volatility spillovers between Dubai financial market and Abu Dhabi Stock Exchange in the UAE," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 22(10), pages 837-848, May.
- Younes Boujelbène & Majdi Ksantini, 2009. "La transmission entre les marchés boursiers :Une analyse en composante principale," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 52(2), pages 161-194.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2006:i:5:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Verma, Rahul & Ozuna, Teofilo, 2005. "Are emerging equity markets responsive to cross-country macroeconomic movements?: Evidence from Latin America," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 73-87, January.
- repec:eme:sefpps:v:27:y:2010:i:1:p:47-66 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.