The newsstand problem: A capacitated multiple-product single-period inventory problem
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 94 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary D. Eppen, 1979. "Note--Effects of Centralization on Expected Costs in a Multi-Location Newsboy Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 498-501, May.
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1999. "The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 537-553, October.
- Vaagen, Hajnalka & Wallace, Stein W., 2008. "Product variety arising from hedging in the fashion supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 431-455, August.
- Abdel-Malek, Layek & Montanari, Roberto & Meneghetti, Diego, 2008. "The capacitated newsboy problem with random yield: The Gardener Problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 113-127, September.
- Chen, Liang-Hsuan & Chen, Ying-Che, 2010. "A multiple-item budget-constraint newsboy problem with a reservation policy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 431-439, December.
- Liu, Ke & Li, Jing-An & Lai, Kin Keung, 2004. "Single period, single product newsvendor model with random supply shock," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(3), pages 609-625, November.
- Abdel-Malek, Layek L. & Areeratchakul, Nathapol, 2007. "A quadratic programming approach to the multi-product newsvendor problem with side constraints," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(3), pages 1607-1619, February.
- Shi, Jianmai & Zhang, Guoqing, 2010. "Multi-product budget-constrained acquisition and pricing with uncertain demand and supplier quantity discounts," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 322-331, November.
- Niederhoff, Julie A., 2007. "Using separable programming to solve the multi-product multiple ex-ante constraint newsvendor problem and extensions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(2), pages 941-955, January.
- Zhang, Bin & Xu, Xiaoyan & Hua, Zhongsheng, 2009. "A binary solution method for the multi-product newsboy problem with budget constraint," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 136-141, January.
- Zhou, Yan-ju & Chen, Xiao-hong & Wang, Zong-run, 2008. "Optimal ordering quantities for multi-products with stochastic demand: Return-CVaR model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 782-795, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.