Selecting the best choice in the weighted secretary problem
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 92 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hlynka, M. & Sheahan, J. N., 1988. "The secretary problem for a random walk," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 317-325, June.
- Cyrus Derman & Gerald J. Lieberman & Sheldon M. Ross, 1972. "A Sequential Stochastic Assignment Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(7), pages 349-355, March.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-29, March-Apr.
- S. Christian Albright, 1974. "Optimal Sequential Assignments with Random Arrival Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(1), pages 60-67, September.
- Michael Rothschild, 1974. "Searching for the Lowest Price When the Distribution of Prices Is Unknown: A Summary," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 1, pages 293-294 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Telser, L G, 1973. "Searching for the Lowest Price," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 40-49, May.
- Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "Searching for the Lowest Price When the Distribution of Prices Is Unknown," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 689-711, July/Aug..
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1976. "The Economics of Job Search: A Survey: Part I," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(2), pages 155-89, June.
- Chris Albright & Cyrus Derman, 1972. "Asymptotic Optimal Policies for the Stochastic Sequential Assignment Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(1), pages 46-51, September.
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1976. "The Economics of Job Search: A Survey," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 347-68, September.
- Chun, Young H. & Plante, Robert D. & Schneider, Helmut, 2002. "Buying and selling an asset over the finite time horizon: A non-parametric approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 106-120, January.
- Kwak, N. K. & Lee, Chang W., 2002. "Business process reengineering for health-care system using multicriteria mathematical programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 447-458, July.
- Ramsey, David M. & Szajowski, Krzysztof, 2004. "Correlated equilibria in competitive staff selection problem," MPRA Paper 19870, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Chhabra, Meenal & Das, Sanmay & Sarne, David, 2014. "Expert-mediated sequential search," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 861-873.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.