Assessing police forces in England and Wales using data envelopment analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 87 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Thompson, Russell G. & Langemeier, Larry N. & Lee, Chih-Tah & Lee, Euntaik & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "The role of multiplier bounds in efficiency analysis with application to Kansas farming," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 93-108.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bruno De Borger & Tom Van Puyenbroeck, 2004.
"Nonparametric tests of optimizing behavior in public service provision: Methodology and an application to local safety,"
Public Economics Working Paper Series
ces0416, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Cherchye L. & De Borger B. & Van Puyenbroeck T., 2005. "Nonparametric tests of optimizing behavior in public service provision: Methodology and an application to local safety," Working Papers 2005002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Gorman, Michael F. & Ruggiero, John, 2008. "Evaluating US state police performance using data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 1031-1037, June.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G., 1996. "A comparison of data envelopment analysis and ratio analysis as tools for performance assessment," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 229-244, June.
- Isabel-María García-Sánchez, 2009. "Measuring the efficiency of local police force," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 59-77, February.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2000. "DEA and its use in the regulation of water companies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 1-13, November.
- Athanassopoulos, Antreas D., 2004. "Using frontier efficiency models as a tool to re-engineer networks of public sector branches: An application to the Hellenic Tobacco Organization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 533-547, April.
- Michael Gorman & John Ruggiero, 2009. "Evaluating U.S. judicial district prosecutor performance using DEA: are disadvantaged counties more inefficient?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 275-283, June.
- Isabel-MarÃa GarcÃa-SÃ¡nchez, 2007. "Evaluating the effectiveness of the Spanish police force through data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 43-57, February.
- C. Barros & F. Alves, 2005. "Efficiency in Crime Prevention: A Case Study of the Lisbon Precincts," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 315-328, August.
- Verschelde, Marijn & Rogge, Nicky, 2012.
"An environment-adjusted evaluation of local police e ectiveness: evidence from a conditional Data Envelopment Analysis approach,"
2012/09, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Verschelde, Marijn & Rogge, Nicky, 2012. "An environment-adjusted evaluation of local police effectiveness: evidence from a conditional Data Envelopment Analysis approach," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/409102, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Hall, Maximilian J.B. & Liu, Wenbin B. & Simper, Richard & Zhou, Zhongbao, 2013. "The economic efficiency of rehabilitative management in young offender institutions in England and Wales," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 38-49.
- Verschelde, Marijn & Rogge, Nicky, 2012. "An environment-adjusted evaluation of citizen satisfaction with local police effectiveness: Evidence from a conditional Data Envelopment Analysis approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(1), pages 214-225.
- Kollias, Christos & Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Paleologou, Suzanna-Maria, 2013. "Crime and the effectiveness of public order spending in Greece: Policy implications of some persistent findings," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 121-133.
- Wu, Tai-Hsi & Chen, Ming-Shiun & Yeh, Jin-Yii, 2010. "Measuring the performance of police forces in Taiwan using data envelopment analysis," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 246-254, August.
- Drake, Leigh & Simper, R., 2003. "The measurement of English and Welsh police force efficiency: A comparison of distance function models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 165-186, May.
- Drake, Leigh M. & Simper, Richard, 2005. "Police Efficiency in Offences Cleared: An Analysis of English "Basic Command Units"," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Kumar, Surender & Kumar, Sudesh, 2013. "Does Modernization Improve Performance: Evidence from Indian Police," MPRA Paper 45801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drake, Leigh M. & Simper, Richard, 2003. "An evaluation in the choice of inputs and outputs in the efficiency measurement of police forces," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 701-710, December.
- Miguel St. Aubyn, 2008. "Law and Order Efficiency Measurement – A Literature Review," Working Papers 2008/19, Department of Economics at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.