A phase-type geometric process repair model with spare device procurement and repairman’s multiple vacations
AbstractThis paper analyzes a phase-type geometric process repair model with spare device procurement lead time and repairman’s multiple vacations. The repairman may mean here the human beings who are used to repair the failed device. When the device functions smoothly, the repairman leaves the system for a vacation, the duration of which is an exponentially distributed random variable. In vacation period, the repairman can perform other secondary jobs to make some extra profits for the system. The lifetimes and the repair times of the device are governed by phase-type distributions (PH distributions), and the condition of device following repair is not “as good as new”. After a prefixed number of repairs, the device is replaced by a new and identical one. The spare device for replacement is available only by an order and the procurement lead time for delivering the spare device also follows a PH distribution. Under these assumptions, the vector-valued Markov process governing the system is constructed, and several important performance measures are studied in transient and stationary regimes. Furthermore, employing the standard results in renewal reward process, the explicit expression of the long-run average profit rate for the system is derived. Meanwhile, the optimal maintenance policy is also numerically determined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 225 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Reliability; Maintenance; Phase-type distribution; Geometric process; Procurement;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Montoro-Cazorla, Delia & Perez-Ocon, Rafael, 2006. "Replacement times and costs in a degrading system with several types of failure: The case of phase-type holding times," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 1193-1209, December.
- Delia Montoro-Cazorla & Rafael Pérez-Ocón, 2007. "Maintenance Of Systems By Means Of Replacements And Repairs: The Case Of Phase-Type Distributions," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 24(03), pages 421-434.
- Lam, Yeh & Zhang, Yuan Lin & Liu, Qun, 2006. "A geometric process model for M/M/1 queueing system with a repairable service station," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 100-121, January.
- Zhang, Yuan Lin & Wang, Guan Jun, 2007. "A deteriorating cold standby repairable system with priority in use," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 278-295, November.
- Rafael Pérez-Ocón & Delia Montoro-Cazorla & Juan Eloy Ruiz-Castro, 2006. "Transient Analysis Of A Multi-Component System Modeled By A General Markov Process," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(03), pages 311-327.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.