The x-and-y-axes travelling salesman problem
AbstractThe x-and-y-axes travelling salesman problem forms a special case of the Euclidean TSP, where all cities are situated on the x-axis and on the y-axis of an orthogonal coordinate system of the Euclidean plane. By carefully analyzing the underlying combinatorial and geometric structures, we show that this problem can be solved in polynomial time. The running time of the resulting algorithm is quadratic in the number of cities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 223 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Combinatorial optimization; Polynomial-time algorithm; Computational complexity; Euclidean travelling salesman problem;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bagchi, Tapan P. & Gupta, Jatinder N.D. & Sriskandarajah, Chelliah, 2006. "A review of TSP based approaches for flowshop scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(3), pages 816-854, March.
- Özpeynirci, Özgür & Köksalan, Murat, 2009. "Multiobjective traveling salesperson problem on Halin graphs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(1), pages 155-161, July.
- van Dal, Rene & van der Veen, Jack A. A. & Sierksma, Gerard, 1993. "Small and large TSP: Two polynomially solvable cases of the traveling salesman problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 107-120, August.
- van der Veen, Jack A. A. & Sierksma, Gerard & van Dal, Rene, 1991. "Pyramidal tours and the traveling salesman problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 90-102, May.
- Oda, Yoshiaki, 2002. "An asymmetric analog of van der Veen conditions and the traveling salesman problem (II)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 43-62, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.