Closest assignment constraints in discrete location problems
AbstractThe objective of this paper is to identify the most promising sets of closest assignment constraints in the literature of Discrete Location Theory, helping the authors in the field to model their problems when clients must be assigned to the closest plant inside an Integer Programming formulation. In particular, constraints leading to weak Linear Programming relaxations should be avoided if no other good property supports their use. We also propose a new set of constraints with good theoretical properties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 219 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Discrete location; Integer programming; Valid inequalities; Closest assignment;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanjoul, P. & Hansen, P. & Peeters, D. & Thisse, J.-F., 1988.
"Uncapacitated plant location under alternative spatial price policies,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1988019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre Hanjoul & Pierre Hansen & Dominique Peeters & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 1990. "Uncapacitated Plant Location Under Alternative Spatial Price Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(1), pages 41-57, January.
- HANJOUL, Pierre & HANSEN, Pierre & PEETERS, Dominique & THISSE, Jacques-François, . "Uncapacitated plant location under alternative spatial price policies," CORE Discussion Papers RP -875, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Teixeira, Joao C. & Antunes, Antonio P., 2008. "A hierarchical location model for public facility planning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(1), pages 92-104, February.
- Plastria, Frank, 2002. "Formulating logical implications in combinatorial optimisation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 338-353, July.
- Jörg Kalcsics & Stefan Nickel & Justo Puerto & Antonio Rodríguez-Chía, 2010. "The ordered capacitated facility location problem," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 203-222, July.
- Hanjoul, Pierre & Peeters, Dominique, 1987. "A facility location problem with clients' preference orderings," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 451-473, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.