PROMETHEE: A comprehensive literature review on methodologies and applications
AbstractIn recent decades, several Multi-Criteria Decision Aid (MCDA) methods have been proposed to help in selecting the best compromise alternatives. In the meantime, the PROMETHEE (Preference Ranking Organization Method for Enrichment Evaluations) family of outranking methods and their applications has attracted much attention from academics and practitioners. In this paper, a classification scheme and a comprehensive literature review are presented in order to uncover, classify, and interpret the current research on PROMETHEE methodologies and applications. Based on the scheme, 217 scholarly papers from 100 journals are categorized into application areas and non-application papers. The application areas include the papers on the topics of Environment Management, Hydrology and Water Management, Business and Financial Management, Chemistry, Logistics and Transportation, Manufacturing and Assembly, Energy Management, Social, and Other Topics. The last area covers the papers published in several fields: Medicine, Agriculture, Education, Design, Government and Sports. The scholarly papers are also classified by (1) year of publication, (2) journal of publication, (3) authors' nationality, (4) PROMETHEE as applied with other MCDA methods, and (5) PROMETHEE as applied with GAIA (Geometrical Analysis for Interactive Aid) plane. It is hoped that the paper can meet the needs of researchers and practitioners for easy references of PROMETHEE methodologies and applications, and hence promote the future of PROMETHEE research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 200 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
MCDA PROMETHEE GAIA Literature review Application areas Outranking;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eppe, Stefan & De Smet, Yves, 2014. "Approximating Promethee IIâ€™s net flow scores by piecewise linear value functions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 651-659.
- M. Fontana & D. Morais, 2013. "Using Promethee V to Select Alternatives so as to Rehabilitate Water Supply Network with Detected Leaks," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 27(11), pages 4021-4037, September.
- de Almeida, Adiel Teixeira & Vetschera, Rudolf, 2012. "A note on scale transformations in the PROMETHEE V method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 219(1), pages 198-200.
- Harrison Mutikanga & Saroj Sharma & Kalanithy Vairavamoorthy, 2011. "Multi-criteria Decision Analysis: A Strategic Planning Tool for Water Loss Management," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 25(14), pages 3947-3969, November.
- Myriam Merad & Nicolas Dechy & Lisa Serir & Michel Grabisch & FrÃ©dÃ©ric Marcel, 2013.
"Using a multi-criteria decision aid methodology to implement sustainable development principles within an Organization,"
PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique", HAL
- Merad, Myriam & Dechy, Nicolas & Serir, Lisa & Grabisch, Michel & Marcel, FrÃ©dÃ©ric, 2013. "Using a multi-criteria decision aid methodology to implement sustainable development principles within an organization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 224(3), pages 603-613.
- Chatzinikolaou, Parthena & Manos, Basil D. & Bournaris, Thomas, 2012. "Classification of rural areas in Europe using social sustainability indicators," Congress Papers, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA) 124104, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Doumpos, Michael & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2011. "Preference disaggregation and statistical learning for multicriteria decision support: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 209(3), pages 203-214, March.
- Sola, Antonio Vanderley Herrero & Mota, Caroline Maria de Miranda & Kovaleski, João Luiz, 2011. "A model for improving energy efficiency in industrial motor system using multicriteria analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3645-3654, June.
- Bernroider, Edward W.N. & SchmÃ¶llerl, Patrick, 2013. "A technological, organisational, and environmental analysis of decision making methodologies and satisfaction in the context of IT induced business transformations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 224(1), pages 141-153.
- Abbas Roozbahani & Banafsheh Zahraie & Massoud Tabesh, 2012. "PROMETHEE with Precedence Order in the Criteria (PPOC) as a New Group Decision Making Aid: An Application in Urban Water Supply Management," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 26(12), pages 3581-3599, September.
- Galli, Francesca & Carbone, Anna & Caswell, Julie A. & Sorrentino, Alessandro, 2011. "A Multi-Criteria Approach to Assessing PDOs/PGIs: An Italian Pilot Study," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 2(3).
- Camilo Franco & Jens Leth Hougaard & Kurt Nielsen, 2014. "Ranking Alternatives based on Imprecise Multi-Criteria Data and Pairwise Overlap Dominance Relations," MSAP Working Paper Series 02_2014, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.