Interval censored sampling plans for the gamma lifetime model
AbstractIn this article, an acceptance sampling procedure for the gamma lifetime model is established under the interval censored test. Both producer and consumer risks are considered to develop the ordinary and approximate sampling plans with grouped data. Some of the proposed sampling plans are tabulated and the use of the tables is illustrated by an example. A sensitivity study is conducted to evaluate the influence of the length of the time interval on the proposed sampling plans.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 192 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Consumer risk Gamma distribution Grouped data Maximum likelihood estimator Producer risk;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhenmin Chen & Jie Mi, 2001. "An approximate confidence interval for the scale parameter of the gamma distribution based on grouped data," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 285-299, July.
- Carlos Pérez-González & Arturo Fernández, 2013. "Classical versus Bayesian risks in acceptance sampling: a sensitivity analysis," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 1333-1350, June.
- Fernández, Arturo J. & Pérez-González, Carlos J. & Aslam, Muhammad & Jun, Chi-Hyuck, 2011. "Design of progressively censored group sampling plans for Weibull distributions: An optimization problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(3), pages 525-532, June.
- Fernández, Arturo J. & Pérez-González, Carlos J., 2012. "Optimal acceptance sampling plans for log-location–scale lifetime models using average risks," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 719-731.
- Fernández, Arturo J., 2012. "Minimizing the area of a Pareto confidence region," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 205-212.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.