Opportunities for OR in intermodal freight transport research: A review
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 153 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Xiubin & Regan, Amelia C., 2002. "Local truckload pickup and delivery with hard time window constraints," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 97-112, February.
- Taylor, G. Don & Broadstreet, Frank & Meinert, Timothy S. & Usher, John S., 2002. "An analysis of intermodal ramp selection methods," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 117-134, April.
- Yan, Shangyao & Bernstein, David & Sheffi, Yosef, 1995. "Intermodal pricing using network flow techniques," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 171-180, June.
- Nozick, Linda K. & Morlok, Edward K., 1997. "A model for medium-term operations planning in an intermodal rail-truck service," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 91-107, March.
- Boysen, Nils & Fliedner, Malte & Jaehn, Florian & Pesch, Erwin, 2012. "Shunting yard operations: Theoretical aspects and applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(1), pages 1-14.
- Sharif, Omor & Huynh, Nathan & Vidal, Jose M., 2011. "Application of El Farol model for managing marine terminal gate congestion," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 81-89.
- Nils Boysen & Erwin Pesch, 2008. "Scheduling freight trains in rail-rail transshipment yards," Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers 11/2008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Zhang, Ruiyou & Yun, Won Young & Moon, Il Kyeong, 2011. "Modeling and optimization of a container drayage problem with resource constraints," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 351-359, September.
- Santos, Georgina & Behrendt, Hannah & Teytelboym, Alexander, 2010. "Part II: Policy instruments for sustainable road transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 46-91.
- Ishfaq, Rafay & Sox, Charles R., 2011. "Hub location-allocation in intermodal logistic networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 213-230, April.
- Pazour, Jennifer A. & Meller, Russell D. & Pohl, Letitia M., 2010. "A model to design a national high-speed rail network for freight distribution," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 119-135, March.
- Riessen, B. van & Negenborn, R.R. & Dekker, R. & Lodewijks, G., 2013. "Service network design for an intermodal container network with flexible due dates/times and the possibility of using subcontracted transport," Econometric Institute Report EI2013-17, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Henttu, Ville & Hilmola, Olli-Pekka, 2011. "Financial and environmental impacts of hypothetical Finnish dry port structure," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 35-41.
- Andersen, Jardar & Crainic, Teodor Gabriel & Christiansen, Marielle, 2009. "Service network design with management and coordination of multiple fleets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 377-389, March.
- Meng, Qiang & Wang, Xinchang, 2011. "Intermodal hub-and-spoke network design: Incorporating multiple stakeholders and multi-type containers," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 724-742, May.
- Dekker, Rommert & Bloemhof, Jacqueline & Mallidis, Ioannis, 2012. "Operations Research for green logistics – An overview of aspects, issues, contributions and challenges," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(3), pages 671-679.
- Fedele Iannone, 2011. "The extended gateway concept in port hinterland container logistics. A theoretical network programming formulation," Working Papers 1116, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica, revised 2011.
- Cao, Chengxuan & Gao, Ziyou & Li, Keping, 2012. "Capacity allocation problem with random demands for the rail container carrier," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(1), pages 214-221.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.