Using commonality as backup safety stock
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 136 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leroy B. Schwarz, 1989. "A Model for Assessing the Value of Warehouse Risk-Pooling: Risk-Pooling Over Outside-Supplier Leadtimes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(7), pages 828-842, July.
- Awi Federgruen & Paul Zipkin, 1984. "Approximations of Dynamic, Multilocation Production and Inventory Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(1), pages 69-84, January.
- David A. Collier, 1982. "Aggregate Safety Stock Levels and Component Part Commonality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(11), pages 1296-1303, November.
- Kenneth R. Baker & Michael J. Magazine & Henry L. W. Nuttle, 1986. "The Effect of Commonality on Safety Stock in a Simple Inventory Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 982-988, August.
- Jonsson, Henrik & Silver, Edward A., 1989. "Common component inventory problems with a budget constraint: Heuristics and upper bounds," Engineering Costs and Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 71-81, October.
- Gary D. Eppen, 1979. "Note--Effects of Centralization on Expected Costs in a Multi-Location Newsboy Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 498-501, May.
- Hau L. Lee & Christopher S. Tang, 1997. "Modelling the Costs and Benefits of Delayed Product Differentiation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(1), pages 40-53, January.
- Yigal Gerchak & Michael J. Magazine & A. Bruce Gamble, 1988. "Component Commonality with Service Level Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(6), pages 753-760, June.
- Jonsson, Henrik & Jornsten, Kurt & Silver, Edward A., 1993. "Application of the scenario aggregation approach to a two-stage, stochastic, common component, inventory problem with a budget constraint," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 196-211, July.
- Betts, John M. & Johnston, Robert B., 2005. "Just-in-time component replenishment decisions for assemble-to-order manufacturing under capital constraint and stochastic demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 51-70, January.
- Israelsen, Poul & Jørgensen, Brian, 2011. "Decentralizing decision making in modularization strategies: Overcoming barriers from dysfunctional accounting systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 453-462, June.
- Nils Boysen & Armin Scholl, 2008.
"A general solution framework for component commonality problems,"
Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers
12/2008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Nils Boysen & Armin Scholl, 2009. "A General Solution Framework for Component-Commonality Problems," BuR - Business Research, German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 2(1), pages 86-106, May.
- Deflem, Yannick & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke, 2013. "Managing inventories with one-way substitution: A newsvendor analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(3), pages 484-493.
- Tibben-Lembke, Ronald S. & Bassok, Yehuda, 2005. "An inventory model for delayed customization: A hybrid approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(3), pages 748-764, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.