The confounding effects of distribution mixtures on some basic methods for handling stable-Paretian distributions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 100 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eugene F. Fama, 1965. "Portfolio Analysis in a Stable Paretian Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 404-419, January.
- Akgiray, Vedat & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1988. "The Stable-Law Model of Stock Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 6(1), pages 51-57, January.
- McFarland, James W & Pettit, R Richardson & Sung, Sam K, 1987. " The Distribution of Foreign Exchange Price Changes: Trading Day Effects and Risk Measurement--A Reply," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 189-94, March.
- Akgiray, Vedat & Lamoureux, Christopher G, 1989. "Estimation of Stable-Law Parameters: A Comparative Study," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 85-93, January.
- Hall, Joyce A. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1989. "The Distribution of Futures Prices: A Test of the Stable Paretian and Mixture of Normals Hypotheses," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 105-116, March.
- Samuelson, Paul A., 1967. "Efficient Portfolio Selection for Pareto-Lévy Investments," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 107-122, June.
- Lau, Amy Hing-Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang & Wingender, John R, 1990. "The Distribution of Stock Returns: New Evidence against the Stable Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 217-23, April.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- McFarland, James W & Pettit, R Richardson & Sung, Sam K, 1982. " The Distribution of Foreign Exchange Price Changes: Trading Day Effects and Risk Measurement," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 693-715, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.