Product market competition and optimal debt contracts: The limited liability effect revisited
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 44 (2000)
Issue (Month): 10 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Showalter, Dean M, 1995. "Oligopoly and Financial Structure: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 647-53, June.
- Chevalier, Judith A, 1995. " Do LBO Supermarkets Charge More? An Empirical Analysis of the Effects of LBOs on Supermarket Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1095-1112, September.
- Povel, Paul & Raith, Michael, 1997.
"Liquidity Constraints, Production Costs and Output Decisions,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
98-49, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Povel, Paul E M & Raith, Michael, 2000. "Liquidity Constraints, Production Costs And Output Decisions," CEPR Discussion Papers 2458, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James A. Brander & Tracy R. Lewis, 1988. "Bankruptcy Costs and the Theory of Oligopoly," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(2), pages 221-43, May.
- Opler, Tim C & Titman, Sheridan, 1994. " Financial Distress and Corporate Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 1015-40, July.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1990. "A Theory of Predation Based on Agency Problems in Financial Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 93-106, March.
- Dang, Viet Anh, 2010. "Optimal financial contracts with hidden effort, unobservable profits and endogenous costs of effort," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 75-89, February.
- Khanna, Naveen & Schroder, Mark, 2010. "Optimal debt contracts and product market competition with exit and entry," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 156-188, January.
- Franck, T & Huyghebaert, Nancy, 2004. "On the interactions between capital structure and product markets: A survey of the literature," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/85613, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Povel, Paul & Raith, Michael, 2004. "Financial constraints and product market competition: ex ante vs. ex post incentives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 917-949, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2003:i:3:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vandenbussche, Hylke & Franck, T, 2004. "Prijszetting en kostenberekening in de praktijk: een rondvraag," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/121490, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Schoubben, Frederiek & Van Hulle, Cynthia, 2009. "The impact of capital market imperfections on the relationship between competition and corporate performance," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/384385, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2002. "The Effect of Product Market Competition on Capital Structure: Empirical Evidence from the Newspaper Industry," Business School Working Papers veintiocho, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Hege, Ulrich & Hennessy, Christopher, 2007.
"Acquisition Values and Optimal Financial (In)Flexibility,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
878, HEC Paris.
- Ulrich Hege, 2010. "Acquisition Values and Optimal Financial (In)Flexibility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(7), pages 2865-2899, July.
- Campello, Murillo, 2006. "Debt financing: Does it boost or hurt firm performance in product markets?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 135-172, October.
- Schoubben, Frederiek & Van Hulle, Cynthia, 2009. "The impact of capital market imperfections on the relationship between competition and corporate performance," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/222974, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Guigou, Jean-Daniel, 2002. "Contrats de dette participative en environnement stratégique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 78(1), pages 5-17, Mars.
- Arping, Stefan & Diaw, Khaled M., 2008. "Sunk costs, entry deterrence, and financial constraints," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 490-501, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.