Estimating cost functions in regulated industries characterized by asymmetric information
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 41 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3-5 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, December.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Alban, 1995. "Regulating Pollution under Asymmetric Information: The Case of Industrial Wastewater Treatment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 357-373, May.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986.
"Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-41, June.
- Jean-Jaques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1985.
"Auctioning Incentive Contracts,"
403, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1987. "Auctioning Incentive Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 921-37, October.
- Gasmi, F & Ivaldi, M & Laffont, Jean Jacques, 1994.
"Rent Extraction and Incentives for Efficiency in Recent Regulatory Proposals,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 151-76, May.
- Gasmi, Farid & Ivaldi, Marc & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1992. "Rent Extraction and Incentives for Efficiency in Recent Regulatory Proposals," IDEI Working Papers, Institut d'Ã‰conomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse 21, Institut d'Ã‰conomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dag Morten Dalen & Andres Gomez Lobo, 1996. "Regulation and incentive contracts: An empirical investigation of the Norwegian bus transport industry," IFS Working Papers, Institute for Fiscal Studies W96/08, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- GinÃ©s DE RUS & M. Pilar SOCORRO, 2009.
"Infrastructure investment and incentives with supranational funding,"
Departmental Working Papers, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at UniversitÃ degli Studi di Milano
2009-18, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at UniversitÃ degli Studi di Milano.
- GinÃ©s Rus & M. Socorro, 2010. "Infrastructure Investment and Incentives with Supranational Funding," Transition Studies Review, Springer, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 551-567, September.
- Socorro, M. Pilar & De Rus, GinÃ©s, 2011. "Infrastructure investment and incentives with supranational funding," Working Papers 2011-13, FEDEA.
- Sheriff, Glenn, 2009. "Implementing second-best environmental policy under adverse selection," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 253-268, May.
- Reiss, Peter C. & Wolak, Frank A., 2003. "Structural Econometric Modeling: Rationales and Examples from Industrial Organization," Research Papers 1831, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- AGRELL, Per & BOGETOFT, Peter, 2013. "Benchmarking and regulation," CORE Discussion Papers, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) 2013008, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Salanie, Bernard, 1997. "Empirical contract theory: The case of insurance data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 943-950, April.
- Beniamina Margari & Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia & Massimiliano Piacenza, 2007.
"Regulatory and environmental effects on public transit efficiency: a mixed DEA-SFA approach,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer,
Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 131-151, October.
- Beniamina Buzzo Margari & Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia & Massimiliano Piacenza, 2006. "Regulatory and Environmental Effects on Public Transit Efficiency. A Mixed DEA-SFA Approach," CERIS Working Paper, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) 200613, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Judy Shaw-Er & Wang Chiang & Ya-Wen Chen, 2005. "Cost structure and technological change of local public transport: the Kaohsiung City Bus case," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(12), pages 1399-1410.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Nielsen, Kurt, 2003. "Yardstick Based Procurement Design In Natural Resource Management," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa, International Association of Agricultural Economists 25910, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Nielsen, Kurt, 2003.
"DEA based yardstick competition in natural resource management,"
2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society
57928, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Peter Bogetoft & Kurt Nielsen, 2002. "DEA Based Yardstick Competition in Natural Resource Management," CIE Discussion Papers, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics 2002-04, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.