Currency substitution and exchange rate instability: The Turkish case
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 41 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3-5 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joines, Douglas H., 1985. "International currency substitution and the income velocity of money," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 303-316, September.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Cuddington, John T. & Cuddington, John T., 1983. "Currency substitution, capital mobility and money demand," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-133, August.
- Clements, Benedict & Schwartz, Gerd, 1993. "Currency substitution: The recent experience of Bolivia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1883-1893, November.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries: An Introduction," MPRA Paper 20338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don E, 1981. "Theory and Implications of Currency Substitution," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 12-30, February.
- Guillermo Calvo & Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 92/40, International Monetary Fund.
- Thomas, Lee R, 1985. "Portfolio Theory and Currency Substitution," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(3), pages 347-57, August.
- Alberto Giovannini & Bart Turtelboom, 1992. "Currency Substitution," NBER Working Papers 4232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miles, Marc A, 1978. "Currency Substitution, Flexible Exchange Rates, and Monetary Independence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 428-36, June.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004.
"Currency Substitution, portfolio Diversification and Money Demand,"
NIPE Working Papers
9/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Francisco José Veiga, 2006. "Currency substitution, portfolio diversification, and money demand," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(3), pages 719-743, August.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004. "Currency Substitution, Portfolio Diversification and Money Demand," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 263, Econometric Society.
- Hatipoglu, Ozan & Alper, C. Emre, 2007. "Estimating Central Bank Behavior in Emerging Markets: The Case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 7107, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2008.
- Levent, Korap, 2007. "Does currency substitution affect exchange rate uncertainty? the case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 20319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- K C Neanidis & C S Savva, 2006.
"The Effects of Uncertainty on Currency Substitution and Inflation: Evidence from Emerging Economies,"
Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series
71, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Christos S. Savva, 2006. "The Effects of Uncertainty on Currency Substitution and Inflation: Evidence from Emerging Economies," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0609, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Prock, Jerry & Soydemir, Gokce A. & Abugri, Benjamin A., 2003. "Currency substitution: Evidence from Latin America," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 415-430, June.
- Nedeljković, Milan & Urošević, Branko, 2012. "Determinants of the Dinar-Euro Nominal Exchange Rate," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 121-141, September.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2003. "Revisiting Dollarisation Hysteresis: Evidence from Bolivia, Turkey and Indonesia," NIPE Working Papers 12/2003, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Ilker Domac & Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee, 2002.
"On the Link between Dollarization and Inflation : Evidence from Turkey,"
0207, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Ilker Doma�, 2003. "On the Link between Dollarisation and Inflation: Evidence from Turkey1," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(3), pages 306-328, September.
- Hakan Berument & Asli GÃ¼nay, 2003.
"Exchange Rate Risk and Interest Rate: A Case Study for Turkey,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 19-27, January.
- Hakan Berument & Aslý Günay, 2001. "Exchange Rate Risk and Interest Rate : A Case Study for Turkey," Departmental Working Papers 0110, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2001.
"Causes of Inflation in Turkey: A Literature Survey with Special Reference to Theories of Inflation,"
AccessEcon, vol. 28(21), pages A0.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2001. "Causes of Inflation in Turkey: A Literature Survey with Special Reference to Theories of Inflation," Macroeconomics 0107002, EconWPA, revised 10 Oct 2001.
- Kasman, Adnan & Ayhan, Duygu, 2008. "Foreign exchange reserves and exchange rates in Turkey: Structural breaks, unit roots and cointegration," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 83-92, January.
- Milan Nedeljkovic & Branko Urosevic, 2011. "Determinants of the Dinar-Euro Nominal Exchange Rate," Working papers 18, National Bank of Serbia.
- Sok Heng Lay & Makoto Kakinaka & Koji Kotani, 2010. "Exchange Rate Movements in a Dollarized Economy: The Case of Cambodia," Working Papers EMS_2010_18, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E. & Yartey, Charles A., 2007. "Financial sector development and the macrodynamics of ‘de facto’ dollarisation in developing countries: the case of Ghana," MPRA Paper 29333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lula G. Mengesha & Mark J. Holmes, 2013. "Does Dollarization Alleviate Or Aggravate Exchange Rate Volatility?," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 99-118, June.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2004.
"A Short Review of the Long History of Turkish High Inflation,"
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2004. "A Short Review of the Long History of Turkish High Inflation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 28(2), pages A0.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.