Optimal hedging on futures markets for commodity-exporting nations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 27 (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Breeden, Douglas T, 1980. " Consumption Risk in Futures Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 503-20, May.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1980. "Exchange Rate Economics: Where Do We Stand?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 11(1, Tenth ), pages 143-206.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 1983.
"Estimation of portfolio-balance functions that are mean-variance optimizing : The mark and the dollar,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 315-327, September.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1981. "Estimation of portfolio-balance functions that are mean-variance optimizing: the mark and the dollar," International Finance Discussion Papers, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) 188, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rolfo, Jacques, 1980. "Optimal Hedging under Price and Quantity Uncertainty: The Case of a Cocoa Producer," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 100-116, February.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1967. "Futures Markets, Buffer Stocks, and Income Stability for Primary Producers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 844.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1983. "Hedger Diversity in Futures Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(37), pages 370-89, June.
- Dusak, Katherine, 1973. "Futures Trading and Investor Returns: An Investigation of Commodity Market Risk Premiums," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(6), pages 1387-1406, Nov.-Dec..
- Claessens, Stijn & Varangis, Panos, 1991. "Hedging crude oil imports in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 755, The World Bank.
- Sarassoro, Gboroton F. & Leuthold, Raymond M., 1991. "Managing multiple international risks simultaneously with an optimal hedging model," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), October.
- Varangis, Panos & Larson, Don, 1996. "Dealing with commodity price uncertainty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1667, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn, 1988. "The optimal currency composition of external debt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 14, The World Bank.
- Varangis, Panos & Thigpen, Elton & Satyanarayan, Sudhakar & DEC, 1994. "The use of New York cotton futures contracts to hedge cotton price risk in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1328, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.