A Monte Carlo investigation of the sampling behavior of conditional moment tests in Tobit and Probit models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 92 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bierens, Herman J, 1990.
"A Consistent Conditional Moment Test of Functional Form,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1443-58, November.
- Bierens, H.J., 1989. "A consistent conditional moment test of functional form," Serie Research Memoranda 0064, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Christopher Skeels & Franics Vella, 1997. "Monte carlo evidence on the robustness of conditional moment tests in tobit and probit models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 69-92.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1984.
"Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics,"
556, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1987. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1305-29, November.
- Davidson , R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1985. "Implicit alternatives and the local power of test statistics," CORE Discussion Papers 1985025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Nelson, Forrest D, 1981. "A Test for Misspecification in the Censored Normal Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1317-29, September.
- Tauchen, George, 1985. "Diagnostic testing and evaluation of maximum likelihood models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 415-443.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1984.
"Convenient specification tests for logit and probit models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 241-262, July.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1982. "Convenient Specification Tests for Logit and Probit Models," Working Papers 514, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Renault, Eric & Trognon, Alain, 1987. "Generalised residuals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 5-32.
- Orme, Chris, 1995. "On the Use of Artificial Regressions in Certain Microeconometric Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 290-305, February.
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1984. "The Estimation of a Joint Wage-Hours Labor Supply Model," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 550-66, October.
- Skeels, C.L. & Vella, F., 1993. "The Performance of Conditional Moment Tests in Tobit and Probit Models," Papers 251, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Chesher, Andrew & Irish, Margaret, 1987. "Residual analysis in the grouped and censored normal linear model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 33-61.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A Unified Approach to Robust, Regression-Based Specification Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 17-43, March.
- Orme, Chris, 1990. "The small-sample performance of the information-matrix test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 309-331, December.
- Newey, Whitney K, 1985. "Maximum Likelihood Specification Testing and Conditional Moment Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1047-70, September.
- Pollmann, Daniel & Dohmen, Thomas & Palm, Franz C., 2012.
"Robust Estimation of Wage Dispersion with Censored Data: An Application to Occupational Earnings Risk and Risk Attitudes,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6447, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel Pollmann & Thomas Dohmen & Franz Palm, 2013. "Robust Estimation of Wage Dispersion with Censored Data: An Application to Occupational Earnings Risk and Risk Attitudes," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 572, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- D. Fabbri & C. Monfardini & R. Radice, 2004. "Testing exogeneity in the bivariate probit model: Monte Carlo evidence and an application to health economics," Working Papers 514, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Hoetker, Glenn, 2004. "Confounded Coefficients: Accurately Comparing Logit and Probit Coefficients across Groups," Working Papers 03-0100, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Marinelli, Nicoletta & Palomba, Giulio, 2011. "A model for pricing Italian Contemporary Art paintings at auction," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 212-224, May.
- Andrés Langebaek R. & Diego Vásquez E., 2007.
"Determinantes de la actividad innovadora en la industria manufacturera colombiana,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002313, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Andrés Langebaek R. & Diego Vásquez E., . "Determinantes de la actividad innovadora en la industria manufacturera colombiana," Borradores de Economia 433, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Oguiza Tobar, Ainhoa, 2003. "Análisis descriptivo del desempleo en la CAPV (1993-1999)," BILTOKI 2003-07, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Claudia Pigini, 2013. "A test for bivariate normality with applications in microeconometric models," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 535-572, November.
- Christensen, Jonas Gade, 2011. "Productivity, Size, and the Disintegration of Industrial Production," Working Papers in Economics 07/11, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Claudia PIGINI, 2011. "Conditional Moment Tests for Normality in Bivariate Limited Dependent Variable Models: a Monte Carlo Study," Working Papers 357, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bontemps, Christian, 2013. "Moment-Based Tests for Discrete Distributions," IDEI Working Papers 772, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Naidu, Sirisha C., 2011. "Rural Livelihoods, Forest Access and Time Use: A Study of Forest Communities in Northwest India," MPRA Paper 31060, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudia PIGINI, 2012. "Of Butterflies and Caterpillars: Bivariate Normality in the Sample Selection Model," Working Papers 377, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, 2010.
"Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
05-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, . "Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance," Working Papers 2010-03, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Nicoletta Marinelli & Giulio Palomba, 2009.
"A Model for Pricing the Italian Contemporary Art Paintings at Auction,"
Universidad del País Vasco - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Nicoletta MARINELLI & Giulio PALOMBA, 2008. "A Model for Pricing the Italian Contemporary Art Paintings at Auction," Working Papers 316, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Andrés Langebaek & Jaime Eduardo Ortíz, 2007. "Q De Tobin Y Gobierno Corporativo De Las Empresas Listadas En Bolsa," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003960, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2010. "R&D strategy of small and medium enterprises in India: Trends and determinants," MPRA Paper 20951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mora, Juan & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2008. "On specification testing of ordered discrete choice models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 191-205, March.
- Yanez-Pagans, Monica, 2008. "Culture and Human Capital Investments: Evidence of an Unconditional Cash Transfer Program in Bolivia," IZA Discussion Papers 3678, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paul Clist, . "25 Years of Aid Allocation Practice: Comparing Donors and Eras," Discussion Papers 09/11, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.