A Monte Carlo investigation of the sampling behavior of conditional moment tests in Tobit and Probit models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 92 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1982.
"Convenient Specification Tests for Logit and Probit Models,"
514, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1984. "Convenient specification tests for logit and probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 241-262, July.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1987.
"Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1305-29, November.
- Davidson , R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1985. "Implicit alternatives and the local power of test statistics," CORE Discussion Papers 1985025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1984. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Working Papers 556, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Newey, Whitney K, 1985. "Maximum Likelihood Specification Testing and Conditional Moment Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1047-70, September.
- Nelson, Forrest D, 1981. "A Test for Misspecification in the Censored Normal Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(5), pages 1317-29, September.
- Christopher Skeels & Franics Vella, 1997. "Monte carlo evidence on the robustness of conditional moment tests in tobit and probit models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 69-92.
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
- Bierens, H.J., 1989.
"A consistent conditional moment test of functional form,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0064, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Bierens, Herman J, 1990. "A Consistent Conditional Moment Test of Functional Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1443-58, November.
- Orme, Chris, 1990. "The small-sample performance of the information-matrix test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 309-331, December.
- Orme, Chris, 1995. "On the Use of Artificial Regressions in Certain Microeconometric Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 290-305, February.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A Unified Approach to Robust, Regression-Based Specification Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 17-43, March.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1984. "The Estimation of a Joint Wage-Hours Labor Supply Model," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 550-66, October.
- Tauchen, George, 1985. "Diagnostic testing and evaluation of maximum likelihood models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 415-443.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Renault, Eric & Trognon, Alain, 1987. "Generalised residuals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 5-32.
- Skeels, C.L. & Vella, F., 1993. "The Performance of Conditional Moment Tests in Tobit and Probit Models," Papers 251, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Chesher, Andrew & Irish, Margaret, 1987. "Residual analysis in the grouped and censored normal linear model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 33-61.
- Claudia PIGINI, 2012. "Of Butterflies and Caterpillars: Bivariate Normality in the Sample Selection Model," Working Papers 377, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Paul Clist, . "25 Years of Aid Allocation Practice: Comparing Donors and Eras," Discussion Papers 09/11, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Riccardo Lucchetti & Claudia Pigini, 2013. "A test for bivariate normality with applications in microeconometric models," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 535-572, November.
- Mora, Juan & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2008. "On specification testing of ordered discrete choice models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 191-205, March.
- Andrés Langebaek R. & Diego Vásquez E., .
"Determinantes de la actividad innovadora en la industria manufacturera colombiana,"
Borradores de Economia
433, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Andrés Langebaek R. & Diego Vásquez E., 2007. "Determinantes de la actividad innovadora en la industria manufacturera colombiana," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002313, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Nicoletta Marinelli & Giulio Palomba, 2009.
"A Model for Pricing the Italian Contemporary Art Paintings at Auction,"
Universidad del País Vasco - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Nicoletta MARINELLI & Giulio PALOMBA, 2008. "A Model for Pricing the Italian Contemporary Art Paintings at Auction," Working Papers 316, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Yanez-Pagans, Monica, 2008. "Culture and Human Capital Investments: Evidence of an Unconditional Cash Transfer Program in Bolivia," IZA Discussion Papers 3678, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christensen, Jonas Gade, 2011. "Productivity, Size, and the Disintegration of Industrial Production," Working Papers in Economics 07/11, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- D. Fabbri & C. Monfardini & R. Radice, 2004. "Testing exogeneity in the bivariate probit model: Monte Carlo evidence and an application to health economics," Working Papers 514, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Oguiza Tobar, Ainhoa, 2003. "Análisis descriptivo del desempleo en la CAPV (1993-1999)," BILTOKI 2003-07, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Andrés Langebaek & Jaime Eduardo Ortíz, 2007. "Q De Tobin Y Gobierno Corporativo De Las Empresas Listadas En Bolsa," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003960, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Bontemps, Christian, 2013. "Moment-Based Tests for Discrete Distributions," IDEI Working Papers 772, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Hoetker, Glenn, 2004. "Confounded Coefficients: Accurately Comparing Logit and Probit Coefficients across Groups," Working Papers 03-0100, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Claudia PIGINI, 2011. "Conditional Moment Tests for Normality in Bivariate Limited Dependent Variable Models: a Monte Carlo Study," Working Papers 357, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Naidu, Sirisha C., 2011. "Rural Livelihoods, Forest Access and Time Use: A Study of Forest Communities in Northwest India," MPRA Paper 31060, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marinelli, Nicoletta & Palomba, Giulio, 2011. "A model for pricing Italian Contemporary Art paintings at auction," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 212-224, May.
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, .
"Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance,"
2010-03, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, 2010. "Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 05-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Pollmann & Thomas Dohmen & Franz Palm, 2013.
"Robust Estimation of Wage Dispersion with Censored Data: An Application to Occupational Earnings Risk and Risk Attitudes,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
572, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Pollmann, Daniel & Dohmen, Thomas & Palm, Franz C., 2012. "Robust Estimation of Wage Dispersion with Censored Data: An Application to Occupational Earnings Risk and Risk Attitudes," IZA Discussion Papers 6447, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2010. "R&D strategy of small and medium enterprises in India: Trends and determinants," MPRA Paper 20951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.