Ordering univariate distributions by entropy and variance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 90 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Theil, Henri, 1979. "The effect of the shape of the income distribution on two inequality measures," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 289-291.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1996. "Models, prior information, and Bayesian analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 51-68, November.
- Stutzer, Michael, 1995. "A Bayesian approach to diagnosis of asset pricing models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 367-397, August.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Bourguignon, Francois, 1982. "The Comparison of Multi-Dimensioned Distributions of Economic Status," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 183-201, April.
- Holm, Juhani, 1993. "Maximum entropy Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 377-389, October.
- Carol Alexander & Gauss M. Cordeiro & Edwin M. M. Ortega & José María Sarabia, 2011.
"Generalized Beta-Generated Distributions,"
ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance
icma-dp2011-05, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Mazzuchi, T.A & Soofi, E.S & Soyer, R, 2000. "Computation of maximum entropy Dirichlet for modeling lifetime data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(3-4), pages 361-378, January.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Lugo, Maria, 2006.
"The Information Basis of Multivariate Poverty Assessments,"
Departmental Working Papers
0603, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Esfandiar Maasoumi & Maria Ana Lugo, 2008. "The Information Basis of Multivariate Poverty Assessments," Emory Economics 0804, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Stefania D'Amico, 2005. "Density selection and combination under model ambiguity: an application to stock returns," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-09, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Soofi, E.S. & Nystrom, P.C. & Yasai-Ardekani, M., 2009. "Executives' perceived environmental uncertainty shortly after 9/11," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3502-3515, July.
- Stefania D'Amico, 2004. "Density Estimation and Combination under Model Ambiguity," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 273, Society for Computational Economics.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Racine, Jeff, 2002. "Entropy and predictability of stock market returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 291-312, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.