Tests of non-nested regression models some results on small sample behaviour and the bootstrap
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 84 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gordon Fisher & Michael McAleer, 1981.
"Alternative Procedures and Associated Tests of Significance for Non-Nested Hypotheses,"
420, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Fisher, Gordon R. & McAleer, Michael, 1981. "Alternative procedures and associated tests of significance for non-nested hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 103-119, May.
- Yanqin Fan & Qi Li, 1995. "Bootstrapping J-type tests for non-nested regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 107-112, May.
- Godfrey, L. G. & Pesaran, M. H., 1983. "Tests of non-nested regression models: Small sample adjustments and Monte Carlo evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 133-154, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-93, May.
- Dastoor, Naorayex K., 1981. "A note on the interpretation of the Cox procedure for non-nested hypotheses," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 113-119.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1994. "Bootstrap-based critical values for the information matrix test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 395-411, April.
- Pesaran, M H, 1974. "On the General Problem of Model Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 153-71, April.
- Godfrey, Leslie G., 1996. "Some results on the Glejser and Koenker tests for heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 275-299.
- McALEER, M. & DASTOOR, N.K., 1988.
"Some Power Comparisons Of Joint And Paired Tests For Non-Nested Models Under Local Hypotheses,"
168, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Dastoor, Naorayex K. & McAleer, Michael, 1989. "Some Power Comparisons of Joint and Paired Tests for Nonnested Models under Local Hypotheses," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 83-94, April.
- McAleer, Michael, 1995. "The significance of testing empirical non-nested models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 149-171, May.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Regularity conditions for cox's test of non-nested hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 301-318, August.
- Davidson, R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1997.
"Bootstrap Tests of Nonnested Linear Regression Models,"
ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica
170, ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists).
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 2002. "Bootstrap J tests of nonnested linear regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 167-193, July.
- Davidson, R. & Mackinnon, J. G., 1995. "Bootstrap Tests of Nonnested Linear Regression Models," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 97a25, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Han, Xiaoyi & Lee, Lung-fei, 2013. "Model selection using J-test for the spatial autoregressive model vs. the matrix exponential spatial model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 250-271.
- Godfrey, Leslie G., 2007. "On the asymptotic validity of a bootstrap method for testing nonnested hypotheses," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 408-413, March.
- Jin, Fei & Lee, Lung-fei, 2013. "Cox-type tests for competing spatial autoregressive models with spatial autoregressive disturbances," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 590-616.
- West, Kenneth D., 2001.
"Encompassing tests when no model is encompassing,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 287-308, November.
- Taisuke Otsu & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2005.
"Testing for Non-nested Conditional Moment Retrictions via Conditional Empirical Likelihood,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1533, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Otsu, Taisuke & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2011. "Testing For Nonnested Conditional Moment Restrictions Via Conditional Empirical Likelihood," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 114-153, February.
- Russell Davidson & James MacKinnon, 2002. "Fast Double Bootstrap Tests Of Nonnested Linear Regression Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 419-429.
- Godfrey, L.G., 2007. "Alternative approaches to implementing Lagrange multiplier tests for serial correlation in dynamic regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3282-3295, April.
- Yang, Ji-Chung, 2005. "Impact measurement for public investment evaluation: An application to Korea," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 535-551, July.
- Richard Luger, 2004.
"Exact Permutation Tests for Non-nested Non-linear Regression Models,"
0419, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Luger, Richard, 2006. "Exact permutation tests for non-nested non-linear regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 513-529, August.
- J M C Santos Silva, 1996.
"A Score Test for Non-nested Hypotheses with Applications to Discrete Data Models,"
96-28 ISSN 1350-6722, University College London, Department of Economics.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva, 2001. "A score test for non-nested hypotheses with applications to discrete data models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(5), pages 577-597.
- Choi, Hwan-sik & Kiefer, Nicholas M., 2006. "Robust Model Selection in Dynamic Models with an Application to Comparing Predictive Accuracy," Working Papers 06-09, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1983. "Model Specification Tests Against Non-Nested Alternatives," Working Papers 573, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hagemann, Andreas, 2012. "A simple test for regression specification with non-nested alternatives," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 247-254.
- Liew Khim Sen & Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Choo Wei Chong & Habshah Midi, 2003. "A Non-parametric Bootstrap Simulation Study in ESTAR (1) Model," GE, Growth, Math methods 0307005, EconWPA.
- BHATTI, M.Ishaq & BODLA, Mahmud, A., 2008. "Empirical Power Comparison Of Non-Nested Tests For The Evm: Some Monte Carlo Evidence," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.