Nutritional status and the allocation of time in Rwandese households
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 77 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bhargava, Alok & Sargan, J D, 1983. "Estimating Dynamic Random Effects Models from Panel Data Covering Short Time Periods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1635-59, November.
- Lundberg, Shelly J, 1988. "Labor Supply of Husbands and Wives: A Simultaneous Equations Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 224-35, May.
- Deolalikar, Anil B, 1988. "Nutrition and Labor Productivity in Agriculture: Estimates for Rural South India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 406-13, August.
- Robert W. Fogel, 1994.
"Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
4638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fogel, Robert W, 1994. "Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 369-95, June.
- Fogel, Robert W., 1993. "Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1993-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Heckman, James J, 1974.
"The Estimation of Income and Substitution Effects in a Model of Family Labor Supply,"
Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 73-85, January.
- Orley Ashenfelter & James Heckman, 1971. "The Estimation of Income and Substitution Effects in a Model of Family Labor Supply," Working Papers 402, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Pudney, Steven E, 1981. "Instrumental Variable Estimation of a Characteristics Model of Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 417-33, July.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1969. "Conditional Demand Functions and Consumption Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 60-78, February.
- Jacob Mincer, 1962. "Labor Force Participation of Married Women: A Study of Labor Supply," NBER Chapters, in: Aspects of Labor Economics, pages 63-106 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sudhir Anand & Martin Ravallion, 1993. "Human Development in Poor Countries: On the Role of Private Incomes and Public Services," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 133-150, Winter.
- Klaus Moeltner & David F. Layton, 2002.
"A Censored Random Coefficients Model For Pooled Survey Data With Application To The Estimation Of Power Outage Costs,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 552-561, August.
- David F. Layton & Klaus Moeltner, 2000. "A Censored Random Coefficients Model for Pooled Survey Data with Application to the Estimation of Power Outage Costs," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0912, Econometric Society.
- Bhargava, Alok & Docquier, Frédéric & Moullan, Yasser, 2011. "Modeling the effects of physician emigration on human development," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 172-183, March.
- Bengtsson, Niklas, 2007.
"How responsive is body weight to transitory income changes? Evidence from rural Tanzania,"
Working Paper Series
2007:20, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Bengtsson, Niklas, 2010. "How responsive is body weight to transitory income changes? Evidence from rural Tanzania," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 53-61, May.
- Ayalew, Tekabe, 2003. "Nutrition-Productivity Link and the Persistence of Poverty," IOB Discussion Papers 2003.02, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- Hossain, M. I. ;, 2011. "Estimating the Impact of Health Programmes on the Anthropometric Indicators for Bangladeshi Women and Children Using Cross-Sectional Data," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/24, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Mishra, Sagarika, 2010.
"Investigating the relationship between health and economic growth: Empirical evidence from a panel of 5 Asian countries,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 404-411, August.
- Seema Narayan & Paresh Kumar Narayan & Sagarika Mishra, 2010. "Investigating the Relationship between Health and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from a Panel of 5 Asian Countries," Economics Series 2010_08, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Wouterse, Fleur, 2011. "Social services, human capital, and technical efficiency of smallholders in Burkina Faso:," IFPRI discussion papers 1068, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robinson, Sherman & Levy, Stephanie, 2014. "Can cash transfers promote the local economy? A case study for Cambodia:," IFPRI discussion papers 1334, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bhargava, Alok & Jamison, Dean T. & Lau, Lawrence J. & Murray, Christopher J. L., 2001. "Modeling the effects of health on economic growth," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 423-440, May.
- Muller, Christophe, 2009.
"Do agricultural outputs of partly autarkic peasants affect their health and nutrition? Evidence from Rwanda,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 166-175, April.
- Christophe Muller, 2008. "DO AGRICULTURAL OUTPUTS OF PARTLY AUTARKIC PEASANTS AFFECT THEIR HEALTH AND NUTRITION? Evidence from Rwanda," THEMA Working Papers 2008-27, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Bhargava, Alok, 2003. "Family planning, gender differences and infant mortality: evidence from Uttar Pradesh, India," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 225-240, January.
- Ramzi Mabsout, 2011. "Capability and Health Functioning in Ethiopian Households," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 101(3), pages 359-389, May.
- Sumiter Broca, 2002. "Food Insecurity, Poverty and Agriculture: A Concept Paper," Working Papers 02-15, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Kaushal, Kaushalendra Kumar, 2014. "Pathway from nutrition intake to wage among elementary workers in India," MPRA Paper 56652, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1997. "Nutritional status, the capacity for work, and poverty traps," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 5-37, March.
- Bhargava, Alok & Fox-Kean, Melanie, 2003.
"The effects of maternal education versus cognitive test scores on child nutrition in Kenya,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 309-319, December.
- Melanie Fox-Kean & Alok Bhargava, 2004. "The effects of meternal education versus cognitive test scores on child nutrition in Kenya," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 39, Econometric Society.
- Mangyo, Eiji, 2008. "Who benefits more from higher household consumption? The intra-household allocation of nutrients in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 296-312, June.
- Ali, Mubarik & Farooq, Umar, 2004. "Dietary Diversity And Rural Labor Productivity: Evidence From Pakistan," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20310, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Munir Ahmad, 2003. "Agricultural Productivity, Efficiency, and Rural Poverty in Irrigated Pakistan: A Stochastic Production FrontiermAnalysis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(3), pages 219-248.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.