A Bayesian analysis of nested logit models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 75 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-40, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Koop, Gary & Poirier, Dale J., 1993. "Bayesian analysis of logit models using natural conjugate priors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 323-340, April.
- Keane, Michael P, 1992. "A Note on Identification in the Multinomial Probit Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1990. "On the compatibility of nested logit models with utility maximization," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 373-388, March.
- Ruud, Paul A., 1984. "Tests of Specification in Econometrics," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt4kq8m0hf, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Koop, G & Poirier, D J, 1994. "Rank-Ordered Logit Models: An Empirical Analysis of Ontario Voter Preferences," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 369-88, Oct.-Dec..
- Brownstone, David & Small, Kenneth A, 1989. "Efficient Estimation of Nested Logit Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 67-74, January.
- Zellner, Arnold & Rossi, Peter E., 1984. "Bayesian analysis of dichotomous quantal response models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 365-393, July.
- Peter E. Rossi, 1984. "Convergence of Integrals Encountered in Dichotomous Dependent Variable Problems," Discussion Papers 588, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Poirier, Dale, 1994. "Jeffreys' prior for logit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 327-339, August.
- S. R. Dalal & R. W. Klein, 1988. "A Flexible Class of Discrete Choice Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 232-251.
- Basile, Roberto & Castellani, Davide & Zanfei, Antonello, 2008.
"Location choices of multinational firms in Europe: The role of EU cohesion policy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 328-340, March.
- Roberto Basile & Davide Castellani & Antonello Zanfei, 2007. "Location choices of multinational firms in Europe: the role of EU cohesion policy," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 32/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Katayama, Hajime & Lu, Shihua & Tybout, James R., 2009. "Firm-level productivity studies: Illusions and a solution," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 403-413, May.
- Kajal Lahiri & Jian Gao, 2001.
"Bayesian Analysis of Nested Logit Model by Markov Chain Monte Carlo,"
01-14, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Gao, Jian, 2002. "Bayesian analysis of nested logit model by Markov chain Monte Carlo," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 103-133, November.
- Sergio Aquino de Souza, 2008. "Combining Prior Information and Data to Uncover the Parameters from the Random Coefficient Discrete? Choice Demand Model," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211342080, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Verlinda, Jeremy A., 2005. "A Bayesian analysis of tree structure specification in nested logit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 67-73, April.
- Brownstone, David, 2001. "Discrete Choice Modeling for Transportation," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt29v7d1pk, University of California Transportation Center.
- Poirier, Dale J., 1997. "Comparing and choosing between two models with a third model in the background," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 139-151, June.
- Haijime Katayama & Shihua Lu & James Tybout, 2003. "Why Plant-Level Productivity Studies are Often Misleading, and an Alternative Approach to Interference," NBER Working Papers 9617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergio Aquino de Souza, 2011. "A Simplified Mixed Logit Demand Model with an Application to the Simulation of Entry," Working Papers 04-2011, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- Hélène Le Cadre & Mustapha Bouhtou & Bruno Tuffin, 2009. "Consumers’ preference modeling to price bundle offers in the telecommunications industry: a game with competition among operators," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 171-208, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.