Semiparametric estimates of the supply and demand effects of disability on labor force participation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 71 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-94, July.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1982. "Some Approaches to the Correction of Selectivity Bias," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 355-72, July.
- Steven Stern, 1989. "Measuring the Effect of Disability on Labor Force Participation," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(3), pages 361-395.
- Mroz, Thomas A, 1987.
"The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 765-99, July.
- Thomas Mroz, . "The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 84-8, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- John Bound, 1991. "Self-Reported Versus Objective Measures of Health in Retirement Models," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 106-138.
- Olsen, Randall J, 1982. "Distributional Tests for Selectivity Bias and a More Robust Likelihood Estimator," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(1), pages 223-40, February.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1980. "The Decline in Male Labor Force Participation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 117-34, February.
- John Bound, 1989.
"The Health and Earnings of Rejected Disability Insurance Applicants,"
NBER Working Papers
2816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bound, John, 1989. "The Health and Earnings of Rejected Disability Insurance Applicants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 482-503, June.
- Newey, Whitney K & Powell, James L & Walker, James R, 1990.
"Semiparametric Estimation of Selection Models: Some Empirical Results,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 324-28, May.
- LaLonde, Robert J, 1986. "Evaluating the Econometric Evaluations of Training Programs with Experimental Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 604-20, September.
- Sickles, Robin C & Taubman, Paul, 1986.
"An Analysis of the Health and Retirement Status of the Elderly,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1339-56, November.
- Robin C. Sickles & Paul J. Taubman, 1984. "An Analysis of the Health and Retirement Status of the Elderly," NBER Working Papers 1459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Arabmazar, Abbas & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "An Investigation of the Robustness of the Tobit Estimator to Non-Normality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1055-63, July.
- Kathryn H. Anderson & Richard V. Burkhauser, 1985. "The Retirement-Health Nexus: A New Measure of an Old Puzzle," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(3), pages 315-330.
- Duncan, Gregory M & Leigh, Duane E, 1985. "The Endogeneity of Union Status: An Empirical Test," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(3), pages 385-402, July.
- Gloria J. Bazzoli, 1985. "The Early Retirement Decision: New Empirical Evidence on the Influence of Health," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(2), pages 214-234.
- MaCurdy, Thomas E., 1982. "The use of time series processes to model the error structure of earnings in a longitudinal data analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 83-114, January.
- Jürgen Maurer, 2007.
"Modelling socioeconomic and health determinants of health care use: A semiparametric approach,"
MEA discussion paper series
07145, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Jürgen Maurer, 2007. "Modelling socioeconomic and health determinants of health-care use: a semiparametric approach," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(9), pages 967-979.
- Puhani, Patrick A., 1997. "Foul or Fair?," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-07, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Farrell, Lisa & Walker, Ian, 1999. "The welfare effects of lotto: evidence from the UK," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 99-120, April.
- M. Christopher Auld, 2002.
"Disentangling the effects of morbidity and life expectancy on labor market outcomes,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 471-483.
- Christopher Auld, 2001. "Disentangling the Effects of Morbidity and Life Expectancy on Labor Market Outcomes," Working Papers 2001-16, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 05 Dec 2001.
- Deschryvere, Matthias, 2004. "Health and Retirement. An Update of the Literature," Discussion Papers 932, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Pelkowski, Jodi Messer & Berger, Mark C., 2004. "The impact of health on employment, wages, and hours worked over the life cycle," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 102-121, February.
- Owen O'Donnell, 1998. "The Effect of Disability on Employment Allowing for Work Incapacity," Studies in Economics 9813, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Gauthier Lanot & Ian Walker, 1996.
"The Union/Non-Union Wage Differential: An Application of Semi-Parametric Methods,"
Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001)
96/9, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Lanot, Gauthier & Walker, Ian, 1998. "The union/non-union wage differential: An application of semi-parametric methods," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Lanot, G. & Walker, I., 1993. "The Union/Non-Union Wage Differential: an Application of Semi-Parametric Methods," Papers 9337, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Maxim Engers & Monica Hartmann & Steven Stern, 2009. "Annual miles drive used car prices," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 1-33.
- Soest, A.H.O. van & Fontein, P.F. & Euwals, R.W., 1996. "Earnings Capacity and Labour Market Participation," Discussion Paper 1996-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hsiao, Cheng & Sun, Bao-Hong, 1998. "Modeling survey response bias - with an analysis of the demand for an advanced electronic device," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 15-39, November.
- Anil Kumar, 2006. "Nonparametric conditional density estimation of labour force participation," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(13), pages 835-841.
- Steven Stern & Leora Friedberg, 2010. "Marriage, Divorce, and Asymmetric Information," Virginia Economics Online Papers 385, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Coppejans, Mark, 2001. "Estimation of the binary response model using a mixture of distributions estimator (MOD)," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 231-269, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.