An alternative root-n consistent estimator for panel data binary choice models
AbstractIn this paper, we present an alternative root-n consistent estimator for panel data fixed-effects binary choice models. The proposed estimator relaxes one of the key conditions that are required for the consistency of the estimator proposed in Honoré and Lewbel (2002), and is shown to be consistent and asymptotically normally distributed under some sufficient conditions. An easy to compute consistent estimator for the asymptotic covariance is provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 157 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Binary choice Panel data Root-n consistency;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ai, Chunrong & Meng, Meixia, 2012. "A root-N consistent estimator for some fixed-effects panel data sample selection models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 411-413.
- Yingying Dong & Arthur Lewbel, 2012. "Simple Estimators for Binary Choice Models with Endogenous Regressors," Working Papers 111204, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Gayle, Wayne-Roy, 2013. "Identification and N-consistent estimation of a nonlinear panel data model with correlated unobserved effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 71-83.
- Yingying Dong & Arthur Lewbel, 2012.
"A Simple Estimator for Binary Choice Models With Endogenous Regressors,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
807, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Yingying Dong & Arthur Lewbel, 2004. "A Simple Estimator for Binary Choice Models with Endogenous Regressors," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 604, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 15 Jun 2012.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2012. "An Overview of the Special Regressor Method," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 810, Boston College Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.