Rescaled variance and related tests for long memory in volatility and levels
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 112 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goetzmann, William Nelson, 1993. "Patterns in Three Centuries of Stock Market Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(2), pages 249-70, April.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989.
"Long-term memory in stock market prices,"
3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Liudas Giraitis & Piotr Kokoszka & Remigijus Leipus & Gilles Teyssière, 2000.
"Semiparametric Estimation of the Intensity of Long Memory in Conditional Heteroskedasticity,"
Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes,
Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 113-128, January.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Kokoszka, Piotr & Leipus, Remigijus & Teyssière, Gilles, 1999. "Semiparametric estimation of the intensity of long memory in conditional heteroskedasticity," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,81, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Giraitis, L. & Kokoszka, P. & Leipus, R. & Teyssiere, G., 1999. "Semiparametric Estimation of the Intensity of Long Memory in Conditional Heteroskedasticity," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 99a24, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- KIRMAN, Alan & TEYSSIÈRE, Gilles, 2002.
"Microeconomic models for long-memory in the volatility of financial time series,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2002056, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kirman Alan & Teyssière Gilles, 2002. "Microeconomic Models for Long Memory in the Volatility of Financial Time Series," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(4), pages 1-23, January.
- Alan P. Kirman, Gilles Teyssiere, 2001. "Microeconomic Models for Long-Memory in the Volatility of Financial Time Series," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 221, Society for Computational Economics.
- Gilles Teyssière & Alan Kirman, 2001. "Microeconomic Models for Long-Memory in the Volatility of Financial Time Series," CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001 5A.4, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Robert M. De Jong & James Davidson, 2000.
"Consistency of Kernel Estimators of Heteroscedastic and Autocorrelated Covariance Matrices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 407-424, March.
- Jong, R.M. de & Davidson, J., 1996. "Consistency of Kernel Estimators of Heteroscedastic and Autocorrelated Covariance Matrices," Discussion Paper 1996-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Vogelsang, Timothy J., 1998. "Sources of nonmonotonic power when testing for a shift in mean of a dynamic time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 283-299, November.
- Hosking, Jonathan R. M., 1996. "Asymptotic distributions of the sample mean, autocovariances, and autocorrelations of long-memory time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 261-284, July.
- Hauser, Michael A, 1997. "Semiparametric and Nonparametric Testing for Long Memory: A Monte Carlo Study," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 247-71.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J., 1996. "Modeling volatility persistence of speculative returns: A new approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-215, July.
- Lobato, Ignacio N & Robinson, Peter M, 1998. "A Nonparametric Test for I(0)," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(3), pages 475-95, July.
- Davidson, James, 2002. "Establishing conditions for the functional central limit theorem in nonlinear and semiparametric time series processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 243-269, February.
- Breidt, F. Jay & Crato, Nuno & de Lima, Pedro, 1998. "The detection and estimation of long memory in stochastic volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 325-348.
- Robinson, P.M. & Henry, M., 1999.
"Long And Short Memory Conditional Heteroskedasticity In Estimating The Memory Parameter Of Levels,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 299-336, June.
- Robinson, Peter M. & Henry, M., 1999. "Long and short memory conditional heteroskedasticity in estimating the memory parameter of levels," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "Do Gold Market Returns Have Long Memory?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 28(2), pages 181-202, May.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Tom Doan, . "KPSS: RATS procedure to perform KPSS (Kwiatowski, Phillips, Schmidt, and Shin) stationarity test," Statistical Software Components RTS00100, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Crato, Nuno & de Lima, Pedro J. F., 1994. "Long-range dependence in the conditional variance of stock returns," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 281-285.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1994.
"Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests,"
903, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1998. "Graphical Methods for Investigating the Size and Power of Hypothesis Tests," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Kokoszka, Piotr & Leipus, Remigijus, 2000. "Stationary Arch Models: Dependence Structure And Central Limit Theorem," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 3-22, February.
- Lee, D. & Schmidt, P., 1993.
"On the Power of the KPSS Test of Stationarity Against Fractionally-Integrated Alternatives,"
9111, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Lee, Dongin & Schmidt, Peter, 1996. "On the power of the KPSS test of stationarity against fractionally-integrated alternatives," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 285-302, July.
- Lee, Hyung S. & Amsler, Christine, 1997. "Consistency of the KPSS unit root test against fractionally integrated alternative," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 151-160, August.
- Robinson, P. M., 1991. "Testing for strong serial correlation and dynamic conditional heteroskedasticity in multiple regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 67-84, January.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.