International database on human capital quality
AbstractIn this research work, we have used a methodology which enables us to obtain qualitative indicators of human capital (QIHC) for 105 countries. This methodology relies on the potential to reconsider survey results comparatively by analysing the results of countries which took part in at least two different surveys. This allowed us to build indicators of comparable data concerning the quality of human capital in numerous countries and between 1964-2005: our results represent a valuable comparison to what has been done so far.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 96 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jerik Hanushek & Dennis Kimko, 2006.
"Schooling, Labor-force Quality, and the Growth of Nations,"
Higher School of Economics, issue 1, pages 154-193.
- Dennis D. Kimko & Eric A. Hanushek, 2000. "Schooling, Labor-Force Quality, and the Growth of Nations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1184-1208, December.
- Lee, J.-W. & Barro, R.J., 1998.
"Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries,"
659, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Fernando Seabra & Jaqueson K. Galimberti, 2011.
"Conditioned Export-Led Growthhypothesis: A Panel Threshold Regressions Approach,"
Anais do XXXVIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 38th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
049, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Galimberti, Jaqueson K., 2009. "Conditioned Export-Led Growth Hypothesis: A Panel Threshold Regressions Approach," MPRA Paper 13417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaqueson K. Galimberti, 2009. "A proxy-variable search procedure," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2531-2541.
- Nadir Altinok & Claude Diebolt & Jean-Luc De Meulemeester, 2012.
"A new International Database on Education Quality: 1965-2010,"
- Nadir Altinok & Claude Diebolt & Jean-Luc Demeulemeester, 2014. "A new international database on education quality: 1965--2010," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(11), pages 1212-1247, April.
- Nadir Altinok & Claude Diebolt & Jean-Luc Demeulemeester, 2013. "A New International Database on Education Quality: 1965-2010," Working Papers 03-13, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Jeroen Klomp, 2013. "The measurement of human capital: a multivariate macro-approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Liana SON & Graţiela Georgiana NOJA & Mihai RITIVOIU & Roxana TOLTEANU, 2013. "Education and Economic Growth: an Empirical Analysis of Interdependencies and Impacts Based on Panel Data," Timisoara Journal of Economics and Business, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 6(19), pages 39â54.
- Nadir Altinok, 2006. "Les sources de la qualité de l'éducation," Post-Print halshs-00095018, HAL.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2010.
"The Economics of International Differences in Educational Achievement,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4925, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2011. "The Economics of International Differences in Educational Achievement," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Wößmann, Ludger, . "The Economics of International Differences in Educational Achievement," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2010. "The Economics of International Differences in Educational Achievement," NBER Working Papers 15949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2010. "The Economics of International Differences in Educational Achievement," CESifo Working Paper Series 3037, CESifo Group Munich.
- Eric Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2010. "The Economics of International Differences in Educational Achievement," Discussion Papers 09-013, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Sunde, Uwe & Vischer, Thomas, 2011.
"Human Capital and Growth: Specification Matters,"
Economics Working Paper Series
1131, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Nadir Altinok, 2008.
"Do school resources increase school quality ?,"
Brussels Economic Review,
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 51(4), pages 435-458.
- Jeroen Klomp & Jakob Haan, 2013. "Political Regime and Human Capital: A Cross-Country Analysis," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 111(1), pages 45-73, March.
- Lim, Jamus Jerome & Adams-Kane, Jonathon, 2008. "Institutions, Education, and Economic Performance," MPRA Paper 11800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laura-Maria DINDIRE, 2012. "Assessment Model Of The Nations? Human Capital - The Case Of The Eu Countries," Management Strategies Journal, Constantin Brancoveanu University, vol. 18(4), pages 21-27.
- Angrist, Noam & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Schlotter, Martin, 2013. "An expansion of a global data set on educational quality : a focus on achievement in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6536, The World Bank.
- Natkhov Timur & Polishchuk Leonid, 2012. "Institutions and the Allocation of Talent," HSE Working papers WP BRP 15/EC/2012, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.