Why is it so difficult to uncover the risk-return tradeoff in stock returns?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 92 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1989. "Asymptotic relative efficiency of the classical test statistics under misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 351-369, November.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-87, September.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Fiorentini, Gabriele & Sentana, Enrique & Calzolari, Giorgio, 2003. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference in Multivariate Conditionally Heteroscedastic Dynamic Regression Models with Student t Innovations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(4), pages 532-46, October.
- Lanne, Markku & Luoto, Jani, 2008.
"Robustness of the risk-return relationship in the U.S. stock market,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 118-127, June.
- Lanne, Markku & Luoto, Jani, 2007. "Robustness of the Risk-Return Relationship in the U.S. Stock Market," MPRA Paper 3879, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nyberg, Henri, 2010. "QR-GARCH-M Model for Risk-Return Tradeoff in U.S. Stock Returns and Business Cycles," MPRA Paper 23724, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antell, Jan & Vaihekoski, Mika, 2012. "Pricing currency risk in the stock market: Evidence from Finland and Sweden 1970–2009," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 120-136.
- Hui Guo & Christopher J. Neely, 2006.
"Investigating the intertemporal risk-return relation in international stock markets with the component GARCH model,"
2006-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Guo, Hui & Neely, Christopher J., 2008. "Investigating the intertemporal risk-return relation in international stock markets with the component GARCH model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 371-374, May.
- Jan Antell & Mika Vaihekoski, 2011. "Pricing currency risk in the stock market: Empirical evidence from Finland and Sweden 1970-2009," Discussion Papers 63, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2011. "On the Risk-Return Tradeoff in the Stock Exchange of Thailand: New Evidence," MPRA Paper 45583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kanas, Angelos, 2012. "Modelling the risk–return relation for the S&P 100: The role of VIX," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 795-809.
- Laakkonen, Helinä & Lanne, Markku, 2008.
"Asymmetric News Effects on Volatility: Good vs. Bad News in Good vs. Bad Times,"
8296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laakkonen Helinä & Lanne Markku, 2009. "Asymmetric News Effects on Exchange Rate Volatility: Good vs. Bad News in Good vs. Bad Times," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-38, December.
- Conrad, Christian & Loch, Karin, 2012. "Anticipating Long-Term Stock Market Volatility," Working Papers 0535, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Pauline Ahern & Frank Hanley & Richard Michelfelder, 2011. "New approach to estimating the cost of common equity capital for public utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 261-278, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.