Decomposition of bivariate inequality indices by attributes
AbstractWe provide, for the class of relative bidimensional inequality indices, a decomposition of inequality into two univariate Atkinson- Kolm-Sen indices and a third statistic which depends on the joint distribution of resources.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 90 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- Ramses H. Abul Naga & Pierre-Yves Geoffard, 2005. "Decomposition of bivariate inequality indices by attributes," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590715, HAL.
- Ramses H. Abul Naga & Pierre-Yves Geoffard, 2006. "Decomposition of Bivariate Inequality Indicesby Attributes," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 83, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1977. "Multidimensional Egalitarianisms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Sen, Amartya, 1973. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198281931.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Bourguignon, Francois, 1982. "The Comparison of Multi-Dimensioned Distributions of Economic Status," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 183-201, April.
- Tsui Kai-Yuen, 1995. "Multidimensional Generalizations of the Relative and Absolute Inequality Indices: The Atkinson-Kolm-Sen Approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 251-265, October.
- Marco Giovanni Brambilla & Alessandra Michelangeli & Eugenio Peluso, 2011. "Equity in the City: On Measuring Urban (Ine)Quality of Life," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia e Finanza ief0101, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Abul Naga, Ramses H., 2010.
"Statistical inference for multidimensional inequality indices,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 49-51, April.
- Ramses H. Abul Naga, 2008. "Statistical Inference for MultidimensionalInequality Indices," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 097, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2011. "Equity in health and health care," CORE Discussion Papers 2011026, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- ERREYGERS, Guido & KESSELS, Roselinde, 2013. "Regression-based decompositions of rank-dependent indicators of socioeconomic inequality of health," Working Papers 2013007, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Croci Angelini, Elisabetta & Michelangeli, Alessandra, 2012. "Axiomatic measurement of multidimensional well-being inequality: Some distributional questions," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 548-557.
- Bleichrodt, Han & Rohde, Kirsten I.M. & Van Ourti, Tom, 2012. "An experimental test of the concentration index," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 86-98.
- Brambilla, Marco Giovanni & Peluso, Eugenio, 2010.
"A remark on "Decomposition of bivariate inequality indices by attributes" by Abul Naga and Geoffard, Economics Letters 90 (2006), pp. 362-367,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 100-100, July.
- Marco Giovanni Brambilla & Eugenio Peluso, 2010. "A remark on 'Decomposition of bivariate inequality indices by attributes' by Abul Naga and Geoffard, Economics Letters 90 (2006), pp. 362-367," Working Papers 05/2010, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Schokkaert, Erik, 2009.
"Unfair inequalities in health and health care,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 73-90, January.
- Elisabetta Croci Angelini & Alessandra Michelangeli, 2008. "Measuring Well-Being differences across EU Countries. A Multidimensional Analysis of Income, Housing, Health, and Education," Working Papers 15-2008, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised Nov 2008.
- Kobus, Martyna, 2012. "Attribute decomposition of multidimensional inequality indices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 189-191.
- Martyna Kobus, 2010. "Decomposition of Bivariate Inequality Indices by Attributes Revisited," Working Papers 2010-07, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Abul Naga, Ramses, 2009. "Statistical Inference for Multidimensional Inequality Indices," Department of Economics Working Papers 15976, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.