The Forbes 400 and the Pareto wealth distribution
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 90 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Laitner, 2001.
"Secular Changes in Wealth Inequality and Inheritance,"
wp020, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Laitner, John, 2001. "Secular Changes in Wealth Inequality and Inheritance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 691-721, October.
- Levy, Moshe & Solomon, Sorin, 1997. "New evidence for the power-law distribution of wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 90-94.
- Joseph Persky, 1992. "Retrospectives: Pareto's Law," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 181-192, Spring.
- Steckel, Richard H. & Moehling, Carolyn M., 2001. "Rising Inequality: Trends In The Distribution Of Wealth In Industrializing New England," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(01), pages 160-183, March.
- Levy, Moshe, 2003. "Are rich people smarter?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 42-64, May.
- Atkinson, A B, 1999. "The Distribution of Income in the UK and OECD Countries in the Twentieth Century," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 56-75, Winter.
- Sorin Solomon & Natasa Golo, 2014. "Microeconomic Structure determines Macroeconomic Dynamics. Aoki defeats the Representative Agent," Papers 1401.7496, arXiv.org.
- Becker, Bo & Cronqvist, Henrik & Fahlenbrach, Rudiger, 2008.
"Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument,"
Working Paper Series
2008-9, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Becker, Bo & Cronqvist, Henrik & Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger, 2011. "Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(04), pages 907-942, September.
- Bo Becker & Henrik Cronqvist & Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2009. "Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-028, Harvard Business School, revised Feb 2010.
- Bo Becker & Henrik Cronqvist & Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2011. "Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument," NBER Working Papers 17393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Bo & Cronqvist, Henrik & Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger, 2008. "Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument," SIFR Research Report Series 64, Institute for Financial Research.
- Sorin Solomon & Natasa Golo, 2013. "Minsky Financial Instability, Interscale Feedback, Percolation and Marshall-Walras Disequilibrium," INET Research Notes 39, Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET).
- Schluter, Christian & Trede, Mark, 2008. "Identifying multiple outliers in heavy-tailed distributions with an application to market crashes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 700-713, September.
- Xavier Gabaix, 2009.
"Power Laws in Economics and Finance,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 255-294, 05.
- Frank Cowell, 2011.
"Inequality among the wealthy,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
43897, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sorin Solomon & Natasa Golo, 2014.
"Minsky Financial Instability, Interscale Feedback, Percolation and Marshall-Walras Disequilibrium,"
- Solomon Sorin & Golo Natasa, 2013. "Minsky Financial Instability, Interscale Feedback, Percolation and Marshall–Walras Disequilibrium," Accounting, Economics, and Law, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 167-260, October.
- Tommaso Ciarli & André Lorentz & Maria Savona & Marco Valente, 2010.
"The Effect Of Consumption And Production Structure On Growth And Distribution. A Micro To Macro Model,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 180-218, 02.
- Tommaso Ciarli & AndrÃ© Lorentz & Maria Savona & Marco Valente, 2008. "The Effect of Consumption and Production Structure on Growth and Distribution. A Micro to Macro Model," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-13, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- Davide Fiaschi & Matteo Marsili, 2009. "Economic interactions and the distribution of wealth," Papers 0906.1512, arXiv.org.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Joshua D. Rauh, 2013. "Family, Education, and Sources of Wealth among the Richest Americans, 1982-2012," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 158-62, May.
- Ogwang, Tomson, 2013. "Is the wealth of the world’s billionaires Paretian?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(4), pages 757-762.
- Tomson Ogwang, 2011. "Power laws in top wealth distributions: evidence from Canada," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 473-486, October.
- Joaquin Blaum, 2012. "Wealth Inequality and the Losses from Financial Frictions," 2012 Meeting Papers 1077, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Davide Fiaschi - Matteo Marsili, 2009.
"Distribution of Wealth and Incomplete Markets: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
2009/83, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Fiaschi, Davide & Marsili, Matteo, 2012. "Distribution of wealth and incomplete markets: Theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 243-267.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2013. "Robust estimation of the Pareto index: A Monte Carlo Analysis," Working Papers 2013-32, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Jess Benhabib & Shenghao Zhu, 2008. "Age, Luck, and Inheritance," NBER Working Papers 14128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.