Can fiscal spending stimulate private consumption?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- King, R.G. & Baxter, M., 1990.
"Fiscal Policy In General Equilibrium,"
RCER Working Papers
244, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1980.
"Output Effects of Government Purchases,"
NBER Working Papers
0432, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Timothy S. Fuerst, 2001.
"Timing and real indeterminacy in monetary models,"
9910R, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Finn, Mary G, 1998. "Cyclical Effects of Government's Employment and Goods Purchases," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(3), pages 635-57, August.
- Olivier Blanchard & Roberto Perotti, 2002.
"An Empirical Characterization Of The Dynamic Effects Of Changes In Government Spending And Taxes On Output,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1329-1368, November.
- Olivier Blanchard & Roberto Perotti, 1999. "An Empirical Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Changes in Government Spending and Taxes on Output," NBER Working Papers 7269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John Y., 1994.
"Inspecting the mechanism: An analytical approach to the stochastic growth model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 463-506, June.
- Campbell, John, 1994. "Inspecting the Mechanism: An Analytical Approach to the Stochastic Growth Model," Scholarly Articles 3196342, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell, 1992. "Inspecting the Mechanism: An Analytical Approach to the Stochastic Growth Model," NBER Working Papers 4188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christiano, Lawrence J & Eichenbaum, Martin, 1992.
"Current Real-Business-Cycle Theories and Aggregate Labor-Market Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 430-50, June.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum, 1990. "Current real business cycle theories and aggregate labor market fluctuations," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 24, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum, 1990. "Current real business cycle theories and aggregate labor market fluctuations," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 90, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Linnemann, Ludger & Schabert, Andreas, 2003. " Fiscal Policy in the New Neoclassical Synthesis," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(6), pages 911-29, December.
- Ambler, Steve & Paquet, Alain, 1996. "Fiscal spending shocks, endogenous government spending, and real business cycles," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 237-256.
- Yun, Tack, 1996. "Nominal price rigidity, money supply endogeneity, and business cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 345-370, April.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Girardi, Alessandro, 2013.
"Fiscal spillovers in the Euro area,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 84.e1-84.e1.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi, 2011. "Fiscal Spillovers in the Euro Area," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1164, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi, 2011. "Fiscal Spillovers in the Euro Area," CESifo Working Paper Series 3693, CESifo Group Munich.
- Simone Salotti & Luigi Marattin, 2010.
"The Euro-dividend: public debt and interest rates in the Monetary Union,"
Working Papers - Mathematical Economics
2010-04, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- L. Marattin & S. Salotti, 2010. "The Euro-dividend: public debt and interest rates in the Monetary Union," Working Papers 695, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Linnemann, Ludger, 2009. "Macroeconomic effects of shocks to public employment," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 252-267, June.
- Marattin, Luigi & Marzo, Massimiliano & Zagaglia, Paolo, 2011.
"A welfare perspective on the fiscal–monetary policy mix: The role of alternative fiscal instruments,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 920-952.
- L. Marattin & M. Marzo & P. Zagaglia, 2010. "A welfare perspective on the fiscal-monetary policy mix: The role of alternative fiscal instruments," Working Papers wp720, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luis Carlos Corchón, 2010.
"The Keynesian multiplier and the Pigou effect under substitution between private and public consumption,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 829-836.
- Corchon, Luis, 2009. "The Keynesian multiplier and the Pigou effect under substitution between private and public consumption," MPRA Paper 18764, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Sep 2009.
- Carine Bouthevillain & John Caruana & Cristina Checherita & Jorge Cunha & Esther Gordo & Stephan Haroutunian & Amela Hubic & Geert Langenus & Bernhard Manzke & Javier J. Pérez & Pietro Tommasino, 2009. "Pros and Cons of various fiscal measures to stimulate the economy," BCL working papers 40, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Bernardino Adão & José Brandão de Brito, 2006. "The Effects of a Government Consumption Shock," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Peter McGregor & Patrizio Lecca & Kim Swales, 2012.
"Balanced Budget Government Spending in a Small Open Regional Economy,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa12p1009, European Regional Science Association.
- Patrizio Lecca & Peter McGregor & Kim Swales, 2010. "Balanced Budget Government Spending in a Small Open Regional Economy," Working Papers 1020, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Lecca, Patrizio & McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim, 2010. "Balanced Budget Government Spending in a Small Open Regional Economy," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-68, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- L. Marattin & M. Marzo, 2010. "The Multiplier-Effects of Non-Wasteful Government Expenditure," Working Papers 704, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Robert-Paul Berben & Teunis Brosens, 2005. "The Impact of Government Debt on Private Consumption in OECD Countries," DNB Working Papers 045, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Bernardino Adão & José Brandão de Brito, 2005. "The effects of a government expenditures shock," Working Papers w200514, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Juha Tervala, 2009. "Productive government spending and private consumption: a pessimistic view," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 416-425.
- Ganelli, Giovanni & Tervala, Juha, 2009. "Can government spending increase private consumption? The role of complementarity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 5-7, April.
- Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2011. "Externality in labor supply and government spending," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 273-276, September.
- Maria Neycheva, 2005. "The Impact of the Fisc on Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Bulgarian Economy," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 42-59.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.