A positive theory of immigration amnesties
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 78 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1986. "Illegal Immigration: The Host-Country Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 56-71, March.
- Epstein, Gil S & Hillman, Arye L. & Weiss, Avi, 1998.
"Creating Illegal Immigrants,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1796, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hillman, Arye L. & Weiss, Avi, 1999. "A theory of permissible illegal immigration," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 585-604, November.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Weiss, Avi, 2001.
"A Theory of Immigration Amnesties,"
IZA Discussion Papers
302, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chau, Nancy H, 2001. "Strategic Amnesty and Credible Immigration Reform," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 604-34, July.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1997. "Illegal Immigration and Resource Allocation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(1), pages 97-117, February.
- Faria, Joao Ricardo & Levy, Amnon, 2003. "Illegal Immigration and Migrant Networks: Is There an Optimal Immigration Quota Policy?," Economics Working Papers wp03-08, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Pia M. Orrenius & Madeline Zavodny, 2004. "What are the consequences of an amnesty for undocumented immigrants?," Working Paper 2004-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Alessandra Casarico & Giovanni Facchini & Tommaso Frattini, 2012. "What Drives Immigration Amnesties?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3981, CESifo Group Munich.
- Karin Mayr & Steffen Minter & Tim Krieger, 2009.
"Policies on illegal immigration in a federation,"
23, University of Paderborn, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Gil S. Epstein & Avi Weiss, 2009.
"The Why, When and How of Immigration Amnesties,"
2009-24, Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University.
- Emmanuelle Auriol & Alice Mesnard, 2012.
"Sale of Visas: A Smuggler’s Final Song?,"
Norface Discussion Paper Series
2012007, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Mesnard, Alice, 2012. "Sale of Visas: A Smuggler's Final Song?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8965, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Auriol, A. & Mesnard, A., 2013. "Sale of visas: a smuggler's final song?," Working Papers 13/06, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Emmanuelle Auriol & Alice Mesnard, 2012. "Sale Of Visas: A Smuggler's Final Song?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1217, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Alessandra Casarico & Giovanni Facchini & Tommaso Frattini, 2012. "Spending More is Spending Less: Policy Dilemmas on Irregular Migration," Development Working Papers 330, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 27 Mar 2012.
- Levy, Amnon & Faria, Joao Ricardo, 2004. "A Lean-Against-the-Wind Rule for Controlling Low-Skill and Illegal Immigration," Economics Working Papers wp04-03, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Joël MACHADO, 2012. "On the welfare impacts of an immigration amnesty," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2012010, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Francesco Magris & Giuseppe Russo, 2012. "Fiscal Revenues and Commitment in Immigration Amnesties," CSEF Working Papers 315, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Ira N. Gang & Myeong-Su Yun, 2006. "Immigration Amnesty and Immigrant's Earnings," Departmental Working Papers 200632, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Djajić, Slobodan & Vinogradova, Alexandra, 2013. "Undocumented migrants in debt," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 15-24.
- Alessandra Casarico & Giovanni Facchini & Tommaso Frattini, 2012. "Spending more is spending less: on the desirability of enforcing migration," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012006, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.