An explanation for the compass rose pattern
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- An-Sing Chen, 1997. "The square compass rose: the evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 127-144, June.
- Crack, Timothy Falcon & Ledoit, Olivier, 1996. " Robust Structure without Predictability: The "Compass Rose" Pattern of the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 751-62, June.
- Kramer, Walter & Runde, Ralf, 1997. "Chaos and the compass rose," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 113-118, February.
- Szpiro, George G., 1998. "Tick size, the compass rose and market nanostructure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1559-1569, December.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
- Antonios Antoniou & Constantinos E. Vorlow, 2004. "Price Clustering and Discreteness: Is there Chaos behind the Noise?," Papers cond-mat/0407471, arXiv.org.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2006. "A Multivariate Integer Count Hurdle Model: Theory and Application to Exchange Rate Dynamics," CoFE Discussion Paper 06-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Mitchell, Heather & McKenzie, Michael D., 2006. "A note on the Wang and Wang measure of the quality of the compass rose," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3519-3524, December.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2007.
"An Inflated Multivariate Integer Count Hurdle Model: An Application to Bid and Ask Quote Dynamics,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
07-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2011. "An inflated multivariate integer count hurdle model: an application to bid and ask quote dynamics," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 669-707, 06.
- Amilon, Henrik, 2003. "GARCH estimation and discrete stock prices: an application to low-priced Australian stocks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 215-222, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.