Willingness to pay, the risk premium and risk aversion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 55 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dionne, Georges & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1985.
"Self-insurance, self-protection and increased risk aversion,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 39-42.
- Dionne, G. & Eeckhoudt, L., 1984. "Self-Insurance, Self-Protection and Increased Risk Aversion," Cahiers de recherche, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques 8424, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- DIONNE, George & EECKHOUDT, Louis, . "Self-insurance, self-protection and increased risk aversion," CORE Discussion Papers RP -623, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pratt, John W & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1996. "Willingness to Pay and the Distribution of Risk and Wealth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 747-63, August.
- Jones-Lee, Michael W, 1974. "The Value of Changes in the Probability of Death or Injury," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 835-49, July/Aug..
- Diamond, P., 1993.
"Testing the Internal Consistency of Contingent Valuation Surveys,"
93-1, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Diamond, Peter, 1996. "Testing the Internal Consistency of Contingent Valuation Surveys," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 337-347, May.
- Harris Schlesinger & Emilio Venezian, 1986. "Insurance Markets with Loss-Prevention Activity: Profits, Market Structure, and Consumer Welfare," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(2), pages 227-238, Summer.
- McGuire, Martin C & Pratt, John & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1991. " Paying to Improve Your Chances: Gambling or Insurance?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 329-38, December.
- Courbage, Christophe & Rey, BÃ©atrice & Treich, Nicolas, 2013.
"Prevention and precaution,"
IDEI Working Papers, Institut d'Ã‰conomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse
805, Institut d'Ã‰conomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Courbage, Christophe & Rey, BÃ©atrice & Treich, Nicolas, 2013. "Prevention and precaution," TSE Working Papers, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE) 13-445, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Christophe Courbage & BÃ©atrice Rey, 2006. "Prudence and optimal prevention for health risks," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(12), pages 1323-1327.
- Arcand, Jean-Louis & Mbaye, Linguère Mously, 2013.
"Braving the Waves: The Role of Time and Risk Preferences in Illegal Migration from Senegal,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7517, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jean-Louis Arcand & LinguÃ¨re Mously MBAYE, 2013. "Braving the waves: the role of time and risk preferences in illegal migration from Senegal," Working Papers halshs-00855937, HAL.
- Linguère M'BAYE & Jean-Louis ARCAND, 2013. "Braving the waves: the role of time and risk preferences in illegal migration from Senegal," Working Papers 201316, CERDI.
- David Bardey, 2004. "A paradoxical risk aversion effect on the consumers' demand for quality. Localisation et tarification," Recherches Ã©conomiques de Louvain, De Boeck UniversitÃ©, De Boeck UniversitÃ©, vol. 70(1), pages 109-115.
- Marielle Brunette & Laure Cabantous & StÃ©phane Couture & Anne Stenger, 2013. "The impact of governmental assistance on insurance demand under ambiguity: a theoretical model and an experimental test," Theory and Decision, Springer, Springer, vol. 75(2), pages 153-174, August.
- David BARDEY, 2004. "A paradoxical risk aversion effect on the consumersâ€™ demand for quality," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2004015, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Philippe Godfroid, 1998. "The market value of preventive activities: A contingent-claims approach," Journal of Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 27-38, February.
- Eric Langlais, 2005. "Willingness to Pay for Risk Reduction and Risk Aversion without the Expected Utility Assumption," Theory and Decision, Springer, Springer, vol. 59(1), pages 43-50, 08.
- Christophe Courbage & BÃ©atrice Rey, 2008. "On the willingness to pay to reduce risks of small losses," Journal of Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 75-82, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.