An empirical test of the effect of board size on firm efficiency
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 54 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jensen, Michael C, 1993.
" The Modern Industrial Revolution, Exit, and the Failure of Internal Control Systems,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 831-80, July.
- Michael C. Jensen, 1994. "The Modern Industrial Revolution, Exit, And The Failure Of Internal Control Systems," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, Morgan Stanley, vol. 6(4), pages 4-23.
- Michael C. Jensen, 2010. "The Modern Industrial Revolution, Exit, and the Failure of Internal Control Systems," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, Morgan Stanley, vol. 22(1), pages 43-58.
- Diacon, Stephen R. & O'Sullivan, Noel, 1995. "Does corporate governance influence performance? Some evidence from U.K. insurance companies," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 405-424, December.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Khaled Elsayed, 2011. "Board size and corporate performance: the missing role of board leadership structure," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 415-446, August.
- Andy Cosh & Paul Guest & Alan Hughes, 2007. "UK Corporate Governance and Takeover Performance," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers, ESRC Centre for Business Research wp357, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Delis, Manthos D & Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2009. "Bank liquidity and the board of directors," MPRA Paper 18872, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- GarcÃa-Ramos, Rebeca & GarcÃa-Olalla, Myriam, 2011. "Board characteristics and firm performance in public founder- and nonfounder-led family businesses," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 220-231.
- Jaskiewicz, Peter & Klein, Sabine, 2007. "The impact of goal alignment on board composition and board size in family businesses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 1080-1089, October.
- Sinha, Rajeeva, 2006. "Regulation: The market for corporate control and corporate governance," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 264-282, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.