A note on affine aggregation
AbstractIf a vector-valued function has convex range and one of its components is related to the others by a Pareto-like condition, that component must be affine w.r.t. the others; sign restrictions on the coefficients follow from suitably strengthening the unanimity condition. The theorem is applied to social choice and decision theories.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 47 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- DE MEYER, Bernard & MONGIN , Philippe, 1994. "A Note on Affine Aggregation," CORE Discussion Papers 1994014, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- De Meyer, B. & Mongin, P., . "A note on affine aggregation," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1136, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- MONGIN, Philippe, 1993.
"Consistent Bayesian Aggregation,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1993019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:fth:louvco:9319 is not listed on IDEAS
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309.
- Karni, Edi & Schmeidler, David & Vind, Karl, 1983. "On State Dependent Preferences and Subjective Probabilities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1021-31, July.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.