Stock markets and growth: A brief caveat on precautionary savings
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 47 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levine, Ross, 1991. " Stock Markets, Growth, and Tax Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1445-65, September.
- Weil, Philippe, 1993. "Precautionary Savings and the Permanent Income Hypothesis," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 367-83, April.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Michael B. Devereux & Gregor W. Smith, 1991.
"International Risk Sharing and Economic Growth,"
829, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- King, Robert G & Levine, Ross, 1993.
"Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-37, August.
- Epstein, Larry G & Zin, Stanley E, 1991. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Consumption and Asset Returns: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 263-86, April.
- Selden, Larry, 1979. "An OCE Analysis of the Effect of Uncertainty on Saving under Risk Preference Independence," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 73-82, January.
- C Niranjan Rao, 2008. "The Role of Intellectual Property Rights in Information and Communication Technologies," Working Papers id:1742, eSocialSciences.
- Femminis, Gianluca, 1999. "On The Optimality of Risk-Sharing in Growth Models: The Role of Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 2264, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jahangir Aziz, 2008. "Real and Financial Sector Linkages in China and India," IMF Working Papers 08/95, International Monetary Fund.
- Echevarría Olave, Cruz Angel & Iza Padilla, María Amaya, . "Income Taxation and Growth in an OLG Economy: Does Aggregate Uncertainty Play any Role?," DFAEII Working Papers DFAEII;2013-06, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Echevarría, Cruz A., 2012. "Income tax progressivity, physical capital, aggregate uncertainty and long-run growth in an OLG economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 955-974.
- Maria Fuensanta Morales, 2000.
"Financial Intermediation in a Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0914, Econometric Society.
- Morales, Mar a F., 2003. "Financial Intermediation In A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 363-393, June.
- Maria Fuensanta Morales, 2001. "Financial Intermediation in a Model of Growth through Creative Destruction," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 487.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- James B. Ang & Warwick J. McKibbin, 2005.
"Financial Liberalization, Financial Sector Development And Growth: Evidence From Malaysia,"
CAMA Working Papers
2005-05, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ang, James B. & McKibbin, Warwick J., 2007. "Financial liberalization, financial sector development and growth: Evidence from Malaysia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 215-233, September.
- Jakob B. Madsen & Md. Rabiul Islam & James B. Ang, 2010.
"Catching up to the technology frontier: the dichotomy between innovation and imitation,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(4), pages 1389-1411, November.
- Madsen, Jakob & Islam, Md Rabiul & Ang, James, 2010. "Catching Up to the Technology Frontier: The Dichotomy between Innovation and Imitation," MPRA Paper 21701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jakob Madsen & Rabiul Islam & James Ang, 2009. "Catching up to the Technology Frontier: The Dichotomy Between Innovation and Imitation," CAMA Working Papers 2009-26, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jahangir Aziz, 2008. "Deconstructing China’s and India’s Growth: The Role of Financial Policies," Working Papers id:1714, eSocialSciences.
- Lahcen ACHY, 2004. "Financial liberalization, saving, investment and growth in MENA countries," Finance 0411004, EconWPA.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Laurent E. Calvet, 2001. "Incomplete Markets, Growth, and the Business Cycle," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1910, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.