A survey measure of risk aversion
AbstractWe Use Survey Data on the Well-Being of Individuals to Measure Attitude Toward Risk. Risk Neutrality Cannot Be Rejected by the Data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 25 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herwaarden, F.G. van & Kapteyn, A.J., 1981.
"Empirical comparison of the shape of welfare functions,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-364298, Tilburg University.
- Van Herwaarden, Floor G. & Kapteyn, Arie, 1979. "Empirical comparison of the shape of welfare functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 71-76.
- Herwaarden, F.G. van & Kapteyn, A.J., 1979. "Empirical comparison of the shape of welfare functions," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-361905, Tilburg University.
- Szpiro, George G, 1986. "Measuring Risk Aversion: An Alternative Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 156-59, February.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Wansbeek, Tom, 1982.
"Empirical evidence on preference formation,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 137-154, June.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Van Praag, Bernard M. S. & Van Herwaarden, Floor G., 1978.
"Individual welfare functions and social reference spaces,"
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 173-177.
- Praag, B.M.S. van & Herwaarden, F.G. van & Kapteyn, A.J., 1978. "Individual welfare functions and social reference spaces," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-361901, Tilburg University.
- Harrison, Glenn W., 1986. "An experimental test for risk aversion," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 7-11.
- Szpiro, George G., 1986. "Relative risk aversion around the world," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 19-21.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.