On the existence of pure strategy Nash equilibria in two person discrete games
AbstractWe construct a generalized two-person discrete strategy static game of complete information where continuity, convexity and compactness cannot be invoked to show the existence of pure strategy Nash equilibrium. We show that, when best responses are unique from both sides, a condition of Minimal Acyclicity is necessary and sufficient for the existence of pure strategy Nash equilibria.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 111 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Pure strategy Nash equilibrium Best response Minimal Acyclicity;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guilherme Carmona, 2004.
"On the Existence of Pure Strategy Nash Equilibria in Large Games,"
Game Theory and Information
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2004. "On the Existence of Pure Strategy Nash Equilibria in Large Games," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp465, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Carmona, Guilherme, 2006. "On the Existence of Pure Strategy Nash Equilibria in Large Games," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp487, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Philip J. Reny, 1999. "On the Existence of Pure and Mixed Strategy Nash Equilibria in Discontinuous Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1029-1056, September.
- Lu, Haishu, 2007. "On the existence of pure-strategy Nash equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 459-462, March.
- Khan, M. Ali & Yeneng, Sun, 1995. "Pure strategies in games with private information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 633-653.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, I: Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Ziad, Abderrahmane, 1999. "Pure strategy Nash equilibria of non-zero-sum two-person games: non-convex case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 307-310, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.