Trade in final goods and the impact of innovation
AbstractThis paper analyses how innovations in imported final goods impact via terms of trade effects upon welfare growth in the domestic economy. It is shown that the impacts, although differing across countries, are quantitatively significant and worthy of further consideration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 110 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Innovation Trade Total factor productivity growth;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert C. Feenstra & Alan Heston & Marcel P. Timmer & Haiyan Deng, 2004.
"Estimating Real Production and Expenditures Across Nations: A Proposal for Improving the Penn World Tables,"
NBER Working Papers
10866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Alan Heston & Marcel P. Timmer & Haiyan Deng, 2009. "Estimating Real Production and Expenditures across Nations: A Proposal for Improving the Penn World Tables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 201-212, February.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Heston, Alan & Timmer, Marcel P. & Deng, Haiyan, 2007. "Estimating Real Production and Expenditures Across Nations: A Proposal for Improving the Penn World Tables," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-95, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Heston, Alan & Timmer, Marcel P. & Deng, Haiyan, 2007. "Estimating real production and expenditures across nations : a proposal for improving the Penn World Tables," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4166, The World Bank.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2008. "Changes in the Terms of Trade and Canada's Productivity Performance," Economics working papers diewert-08-03-11-11-03-49, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 18 Jul 2008.
- Charles R. Hulten, 2001. "Total Factor Productivity. A Short Biography," NBER Chapters, in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gopinath, Munisamy & Kennedy, P. Lynn & Roe, Terry L., 1995. "Trade, growth, and welfare linkages in North America: An empirical analysis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 189-201.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Mary O’Mahony & Bart van Ark, 2007. "EU KLEMS Growth and Productivity Accounts: An Overview," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 14, pages 71-85, Spring.
- Richard Frensch & Jan Hanousek & Evžen Kočenda, 2012.
"Specialization, gravity, and European trade in final goods,"
320, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Richard Frensch & Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda, 2013. "Specialization, gravity, and European trade in final goods," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1054, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.