Sales and price spikes in retail scanner data
AbstractPrice filters used by macroeconomists place strong restrictions on "regular price" series. I propose a new price filter and show that, while many pricing facts are robust to filter specification, implications for price duration depend on the choice of filter.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 110 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Scanner data Price setting Price stickiness;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Etienne Gagnon & David López-Salido & Nicolas Vincent, 2012.
"Individual Price Adjustment along the Extensive Margin,"
NBER Working Papers
18213, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Etienne Gagnon & David López-Salido & Nicolas Vincent, 2012. "Individual Price Adjustment along the Extensive Margin," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2012, Volume 27, pages 235-281 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gagnon, Etienne & López-Salido, J David & Vincent, Nicolas, 2012. "Individual Price Adjustment along the Extensive Margin," CEPR Discussion Papers 9143, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Etienne Gagnon & David López-Salido & Nicholas Vincent, 2012. "Individual price adjustment along the extensive margin," International Finance Discussion Papers 1052, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Luminita Stevens, 2011. "Pricing Regimes in Disaggregated Data," 2011 Meeting Papers 1389, Society for Economic Dynamics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.