Cross-border merger, vertical structure, and spatial competition
AbstractWe look at the implications of a cross-border merger upstream in a vertically related industry where no downstream firm can produce all varieties demanded.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 109 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Product-differentiation Price-discrimination Spatial-competition Firm-location Cross-border merger;
Other versions of this item:
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2010. "Cross-border Merger, Vertical Structure, and Spatial Competition," MPRA Paper 24474, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maskin, Eric S & Riley, John G, 1984.
"Optimal Auctions with Risk Averse Buyers,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1473-1518, November.
- Kurata, Hiroshi & Ohkawa, Takao & Okamura, Makoto, 2009. "Location choice, competition, and welfare in non-tradable service FDI," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 20-25, January.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2008.
"Vertical Specialization Across the World: A Relative Measure,"
w200810, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2009. "Vertical specialization across the world: A relative measure," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 267-280, December.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2008. "Vertical specialization across the world: a relative measure," MPRA Paper 9618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arozamena, Leandro & Weinschelbaum, Federico, 2009.
"Simultaneous vs. sequential price competition with incomplete information,"
Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 23-26, July.
- Leandro Arozamena & erico Weinschelbaum, 2008. "Simultaneous vs. Sequential Price Competition with Incomplete Information," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008_3, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- J Peter Neary, 2004.
"Cross-Border Mergers as Instruments of Comparative Advantage,"
200404, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J. Peter Neary, 2007. "Cross-Border Mergers as Instruments of Comparative Advantage," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(4), pages 1229-1257.
- Neary, J. Peter, 2004. "Cross-Border Mergers as Instruments of Comparative Advantage," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 34, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Neary, J Peter, 2004. "Cross-Border Mergers as Instruments of Comparative Advantage," CEPR Discussion Papers 4325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haller, Stefanie A., 2009. "The impact of multinational entry on domestic market structure and investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 52-62, January.
- Klomp, Jeroen, 2010. "Causes of banking crises revisited," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 72-87, March.
- Raff, Horst & Ryan, Michael & Stähler, Frank, 2009.
"The choice of market entry mode: Greenfield investment, M&A and joint venture,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-10, January.
- Stähler, Frank & Ryan, Michael & Raff, Horst, 2007. "The Choice of Market Entry Mode: Greenfield Investment, M&A and Joint Venture," Economics Working Papers 2007,19, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2008. "Spatial price discrimination and the locations of firms with different product selections or product varieties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 342-347, March.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2009.
"Sequential Spatial Competition in Vertically Related industries with Different Product Varieties,"
19278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2010. "Sequential spatial competition in vertically related industries with different product varieties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 112-114, February.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, II: Applications," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 27-41, January.
- Lafontaine, Francine & Slade, Margaret, 2007.
"Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries : The Evidence,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
799, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Francine Lafontaine & Margaret Slade, 2007. "Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries: The Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 629-685, September.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2008. "Vertical mergers and downstream spatial competition with different product varieties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 262-264, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.