Two geometric representations of confidence intervals for ratios of linear combinations of regression parameters: An application to the NAIRU
AbstractWe present two geometric representations of the Fieller confidence interval for the ratio of regression parameter estimates using standard statistics packages. These methods are used to interpret the estimation of the NAIRU for Australia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 108 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Fieller Method Confidence ellipse 1st derivative function Eviews Stata;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hirschberg, J.G. & Lye, J.N. & Slottje, D.J., 2008. "Inferential methods for elasticity estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 299-315, December.
- David Gruen & Adrian Pagan & Christopher Thompson, 1999.
"The Phillips Curve in Australia,"
RBA Research Discussion Papers
rdp1999-01, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1997. "The NAIRU, Unemployment and Monetary Policy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 33-49, Winter.
- J.G. Hirschberg & J. N. Lye, 2007. "Providing Intuition to the Fieller Method with Two Geometric Representations using STATA and Eviews," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 992, The University of Melbourne.
- Jean-Marie Dufour, 1997. "Some Impossibility Theorems in Econometrics with Applications to Structural and Dynamic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(6), pages 1365-1388, November.
- Anders Alexandersson, 2004. "Graphing confidence ellipses: An update of ellip for Stata 8," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 242-256, September.
- Joseph G. Hirschberg & Jenny N. Lye, 2004. "Inferences for the Extremum of Quadratic Regression Models," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 906, The University of Melbourne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.