The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market
AbstractWe show that regulating interchange fees at cost reduces banks' incentives to deploy free ATMs over time. Simultaneously, more and more charging ATMs are deployed by independent deployers. These results are consistent with the recent evolution of the British ATM market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 107 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Banks ATMs Interchange fees Cost-based regulation;
Other versions of this item:
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2008. "The effects of regulating interchange fees at cost on the ATM market," MPRA Paper 10893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2006.
"The role of interchange fees in ATM networks,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 29-43, January.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2010.
"ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare,"
23176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donze Jocelyn & Dubec Isabelle, 2011. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2010. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on Welfare," TSE Working Papers 10-162, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2009. "ATM Direct Charging Reform: the Effect of Independent Deployers on welfare," MPRA Paper 15818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donze, Jocelyn & Dubec, Isabelle, 2009.
"La tarification des retraits aux distributeurs automatiques bancaires, une revue de la littérature
[ATM withdrawal pricing, a survey of the literature]," MPRA Paper 16546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.