Effects of the complementarity of child nutrition and education on persistent deprivation
AbstractThis letter shows how unfavourable nutritional status may affect the evolution of income independently from its impact on life spans. Multiple steady states might emerge when it is assumed that nutrition is a component of human capital.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 106 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Health human capital Poverty traps Health and education;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harold Alderman & John Hoddinott & Bill Kinsey, 2004.
"Long Term Consequences Of Early Childhood Malnutrition,"
HiCN Working Papers
09, Households in Conflict Network.
- Harold Alderman & John Hoddinott & Bill Kinsey, 2006. "Long term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 450-474, July.
- Alderman,Harold & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Long-term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," FCND briefs 168, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alderman,Harold & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Long-term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," FCND discussion papers 168, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ceroni, Carlotta Berti, 2001.
"Poverty Traps and Human Capital Accumulation,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(270), pages 203-19, May.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Mausumi Das, 2003.
"Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality,"
119, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Mausumi Das, 2005. "Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 159-192, 06.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Mausumi Das, 2004. "Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 100, Econometric Society.
- Mausumi Das & Shankha Chakraborty, 2010. "Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality," Working Papers id:2365, eSocialSciences.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Mausumi Das, 2003. "Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2003-11, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Hazan, Moshe & Zoabi, Hosny, 2005.
"Does Longevity Cause Growth?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4931, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Glewwe, Paul & Jacoby, Hanan G. & King, Elizabeth M., 2001. "Early childhood nutrition and academic achievement: a longitudinal analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 345-368, September.
- Holger Strulik, 2004.
"Economic growth and stagnation with endogenous health and fertility,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 433-453, 08.
- Holger Strulik, 2002. "Economic Growth and Stagnation with Endogenous Health and Fertility," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20208, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Moshe Hazan & Binyamin Berdugo, 2002.
"Child Labour, Fertility, and Economic Growth,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 810-828, October.
- Andrew Jones & Nigel Rice & Pedro Rosa Dias, 2012.
"Quality of schooling and inequality of opportunity in health,"
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 369-394, April.
- Jones, A; & Rice, N; & Rosa Dias, P;, 2010. "Quality of Schooling and Inequality of Opportunity in Health," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 10/22, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Vasilakis, Chrysovalantis, 2011.
"Fighting poverty and child malnutrition: on the design of foreign aid policies,"
30066, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chrysovalantis VASILAKIS, 2011. "Fighting poverty and child malnutrition: on the design of foreign aid policies," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011030, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Basseti, Thomas & Benos, Nikos & Karagiannis, Stelios, 2010. "How policy can influence human capital accumulation and environment quality," MPRA Paper 21754, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.