Effects of the complementarity of child nutrition and education on persistent deprivation
AbstractThis letter shows how unfavourable nutritional status may affect the evolution of income independently from its impact on life spans. Multiple steady states might emerge when it is assumed that nutrition is a component of human capital.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 106 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Health human capital Poverty traps Health and education;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Berti Ceroni, 1998.
"Poverty Traps and Human Capital Accumulation,"
315, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Harold Alderman & John Hoddinott & Bill Kinsey, 2006.
"Long term consequences of early childhood malnutrition,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 450-474, July.
- Alderman,Harold & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Long-term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," FCND briefs 168, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Harold Alderman & John Hoddinott & Bill Kinsey, 2004. "Long Term Consequences Of Early Childhood Malnutrition," HiCN Working Papers 09, Households in Conflict Network.
- Alderman,Harold & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Long-term consequences of early childhood malnutrition," FCND discussion papers 168, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Moshe Hazan & Binyamin Berdugo, 2002.
"Child Labour, Fertility, and Economic Growth,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 810-828, October.
- Holger Strulik, 2002.
"Economic Growth and Stagnation with Endogenous Health and Fertility,"
Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers
20208, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Holger Strulik, 2004. "Economic growth and stagnation with endogenous health and fertility," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 433-453, 08.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Mausumi Das, 2005.
"Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 159-192, 06.
- Mausumi Das & Shankha Chakraborty, 2010. "Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality," Working Papers id:2365, eSocialSciences.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Mausumi Das, 2003. "Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality," Working papers 119, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Mausumi Das, 2004. "Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 100, Econometric Society.
- Shankha Chakraborty & Mausumi Das, 2003. "Mortality, Human Capital and Persistent Inequality," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2003-11, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Glewwe, Paul & Jacoby, Hanan G. & King, Elizabeth M., 2001. "Early childhood nutrition and academic achievement: a longitudinal analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 345-368, September.
- Moshe Hazan & Hosny Zoabi, 2005.
"Does Longevity Cause Growth,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Chrysovalantis VASILAKIS, 2011.
"Fighting poverty and child malnutrition: on the design of foreign aid policies,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2011030, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Vasilakis, Chrysovalantis, 2011. "Fighting poverty and child malnutrition: on the design of foreign aid policies," MPRA Paper 30066, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jones, A; & Rice, N; & Rosa Dias, P;, 2010.
"Quality of Schooling and Inequality of Opportunity in Health,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
10/22, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Andrew Jones & Nigel Rice & Pedro Rosa Dias, 2012. "Quality of schooling and inequality of opportunity in health," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 369-394, April.
- Basseti, Thomas & Benos, Nikos & Karagiannis, Stelios, 2010. "How policy can influence human capital accumulation and environment quality," MPRA Paper 21754, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.