Testing under local misspecification and artificial regressions
AbstractAn additivity property of LM tests is derived, linking joint, marginal and Bera-Yoon "adjusted" tests, hence the latter can be derived as the difference of the first two. An artificial regression framework provides an intuitive geometrical illustration of the Bera-Yoon principle.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 104 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Specification tests LM tests Artificial regression;
Other versions of this item:
- Walter Sosa Escudero & Anil K. Bera & Gabriel Montes Rojas, 2009. "Testing Under Local Misspecification and Artificial Regressions," Working Papers 97, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Oct 2009.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2006.
"Joint LM test for homoskedasticity in a one-way error component model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 401-417, October.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & Alain Pirotte, 2005. "Joint LM Test for Homoskedasticity in a One-Way error Component Model," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 72, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Baltagi B-H. & Bresson G. & Pirotte A., 2004. "Joint LM test for homoskedasticity in a one-way error component model," Working Papers ERMES 0408, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1992. "Model Specification Tests and Artificial Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 102-46, March.
- Davidson , R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1985.
"Implicit alternatives and the local power of test statistics,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1985025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1987. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1305-29, November.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1984. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Working Papers 556, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Bera, Anil K. & Yoon, Mann J., 1993. "Specification Testing with Locally Misspecified Alternatives," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 649-658, August.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1989. "Asymptotic relative efficiency of the classical test statistics under misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 351-369, November.
- Anil K. Bera & Walter Sosa Escudero & Mann Yoon, 2000.
"Tests for the Error Component Model in the Presence of Local Misspecification,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1888, Econometric Society.
- Bera, Anil K. & Sosa-Escudero, Walter & Yoon, Mann, 2001. "Tests for the error component model in the presence of local misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Anil Bera & Walter Sosa Escudero & Mann Yoon, 2000. "Test for the Error Component Model in the Presence of Local Misspecification," Department of Economics, Working Papers 022, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., .
"The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1980. "The Lagrange Multiplier Test and Its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 239-53, January.
- Eduardo Fé-Rodríguez & Chris D. Orme, 2009. "On the Sensitivity of Kernel-based Tests of Conditional Moment Restrictions," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0912, Economics, The University of Manchester.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.