Income mobility profiles
AbstractAn 'income mobility profile' is a graphical tool to portray income mobility and identify the association between individual movements and initial status which, despite its importance when assessing the social relevance of mobility, is often discounted by aggregate mobility indices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 102 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Income mobility Mobility profile Dominance Income growth Pro-poor growth;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heshmati, Almas & Maasoumi, Esfandiar, 1998.
"Stochastic Dominance Amongst Swedish Income Distributions,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
279, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Esfandiar Maasoumi & Almas Heshmati, 2000. "Stochastic dominance amongst swedish income distributions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 287-320.
- Fields, Gary S. & Leary, Jesse B. & Ok, Efe A., 2002. "Stochastic dominance in mobility analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 333-339, May.
- Cowell, F.A., 2000. "Measurement of inequality," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 87-166 Elsevier.
- Trede, Mark, 1997.
"Making mobility visible: A graphical device,"
Discussion Papers in Statistics and Econometrics
2/97, University of Cologne, Department for Economic and Social Statistics.
- Fields, Gary S. & Ok, Efe A., 1996. "The Meaning and Measurement of Income Mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 349-377, November.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2006-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van Kerm, Philippe, 2006.
"Comparisons of income mobility profiles,"
IRISS Working Paper Series
2006-03, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Fields, Gary S & Ok, Efe A, 1999. "Measuring Movement of Incomes," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(264), pages 455-71, November.
- V. Peragine & F. Palmisano & P. Brunori, 2011.
"Economic growth and equality of opportunity,"
0037, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Metodi Matematici - Università di Bari, revised Oct 2011.
- Peragine, Vito & Palmisano, Flaviana & Brunori, Paolo, 2013. "Economic Growth and equality of opportunity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6599, The World Bank.
- Vito Peragine & Flaviana Palmisano & Paolo Brunori, 2011. "Economic growth and equality of opportunity," Working Papers 232, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2011-06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank A. Cowell & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2011.
- François Bourguignon, 2011. "Non-anonymous growth incidence curves, income mobility and social welfare dominance," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 605-627, December.
- Paul Gregg & Rosanna Scutella & Claudia Vittori, 2012. "Earnings Mobility and Inequality: An Integrated Framework," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2012n26, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2011.
"Trends in Individual Income Growth: Measurement Methods and British Evidence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5510, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- JENKINS Stephen P. & VAN KERM Philippe, 2011. "Trends in individual income growth: measurement methods and British evidence," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series 2011-21, CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Abdelkrim Araar, 2012. "Pro-poor Growth in Andean Countries," Cahiers de recherche 1225, CIRPEE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.