On the persistence of the Eonia spread
AbstractThe European overnight rate (Eonia) signals the monetary policy stance of the European Central Bank. Controllability of the Eonia requires that the persistence of the spread between the Eonia and the key policy rate remains sufficiently low. We apply fractional integration techniques to examine its (changing) persistence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 101 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Long memory and fractional integration Controllability and persistence of interest rates New operational framework of the ECB;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joerg Breitung and Uwe Hassler, 2001.
"Inference on the Cointegration Rank in Fractionally Integrated Processes,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2001
233, Society for Computational Economics.
- Breitung, Jorg & Hassler, Uwe, 2002. "Inference on the cointegration rank in fractionally integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 167-185, October.
- Breitung, Jörg & Hassler, Uwe, 2000. "Inference on the cointegration rank in fractionally integrated processes," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,65, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Demetrescu, Matei & Kuzin, Vladimir & Hassler, Uwe, 2008. "Long Memory Testing In The Time Domain," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 176-215, February.
- Philipp Sibbertsen, 2004.
"Long memory versus structural breaks: An overview,"
Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 465-515, October.
- Nautz, Dieter & Offermanns, Christian J., 2008. "Volatility transmission in the European money market," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 23-39, March.
- Haldrup, Niels & Nielsen, Morten Orregaard, 2007.
"Estimation of fractional integration in the presence of data noise,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 3100-3114, March.
- Haldrup, Niels & Nielsen, Morten Oe., . "Estimation of Fractional Integration in the Presence of Data Noise," Economics Working Papers 2003-10, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- Offermanns, Christian J. & Nautz, Dieter, 2006.
"The dynamic relationship between the Euro overnight rate, the ECB´s policy rate and the term spread,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2006,01, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Dieter Nautz & Christian J. Offermanns, 2007. "The dynamic relationship between the euro overnight rate, the ECB's policy rate and the term spread," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 287-300.
- Busch, Ulrike & Nautz, Dieter, 2009.
"Controllability and persistence of money market rates along the yield curve: evidence from the euro area,"
2009/5, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Ulrike Busch & Dieter Nautz, 2010. "Controllability and Persistence of Money Market Rates along the Yield Curve: Evidence from the Euro Area," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11, pages 367-380, 08.
- Ulrike Busch & Dieter Nautz, 2009. "Controllability and Persistence of Money Market Rates along the Yield Curve: Evidence from the Euro Area," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-029, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Abbassi, Puriya & Linzert, Tobias, 2012. "The effectiveness of monetary policy in steering money market rates during the financial crisis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 945-954.
- Beirne, John, 2012. "The EONIA spread before and during the crisis of 2007–2009: The role of liquidity and credit risk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 534-551.
- Linzert, Tobias & Schmidt, Sandra, 2007.
"What Explains the Spread Between the Euro Overnight Rate and the ECB's Policy Rate?,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
07-076, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Linzert, Tobias & Schmidt, Sandra, 2008. "What explains the spread between the euro overnight rate and the ECB's policy rate?," Working Paper Series 0983, European Central Bank.
- Nautz, Dieter & Scheithauer, Jan, 2010.
"Monetary policy implementation and overnight rate persistence,"
2010/26, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Nautz, Dieter & Scheithauer, Jan, 2011. "Monetary policy implementation and overnight rate persistence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1375-1386.
- Dieter Nautz & Jan Scheithauer, 2009. "Monetary Policy Implementation and Overnight Rate Persistence," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-053, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Florian Heinen & Philipp Sibbertsen & Robinson Kruse, 2009.
"Forecasting long memory time series under a break in persistence,"
CREATES Research Papers
2009-53, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Heinen, Florian & Sibbertsen, Philipp & Kruse, Robinson, 2009. "Forecasting long memory time series under a break in persistence," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-433, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Hernandis, Lucía & Torró, Hipòlit, 2013. "The information content of Eonia swap rates before and during the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5316-5328.
- Filippo COSSETTI & Francesco GUIDI, 2009. "ECB Monetary Policy and Term Structure of Interest Rates in the Euro Area: an Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 334, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Heinen, Florian & Willert, Juliane, 2011. "Monitoring a change in persistence of a long range dependent time series," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-479, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Cassola, Nuno & Valla, Natacha, 2010.
"Declining valuations and equilibrium bidding in central bank refinancing operations,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 30-43, January.
- Christian Ewerhart & Nuno Cassola & Natacha Valla, 2007. "Declining Valuations And Equilibrium Bidding In Central Bank Refinancing Operations," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 07-22, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Cassola, Nuno & Valla, Natacha, 2006. "Declining valuations and equilibrium bidding in central bank refinancing operations," Working Paper Series 0668, European Central Bank.
- Uwe Hassler & Jan Scheithauer, 2011. "Detecting changes from short to long memory," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 847-870, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.