Energy quality and energy surplus in the extraction of fossil fuels in the U.S
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 6 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adam R. Brandt & Michael Dale, 2011. "A General Mathematical Framework for Calculating Systems-Scale Efficiency of Energy Extraction and Conversion: Energy Return on Investment (EROI) and Other Energy Return Ratios," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(8), pages 1211-1245, August.
- Stern, David I., 1999. "Is energy cost an accurate indicator of natural resource quality?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 381-394, December.
- David J. Murphy & Charles A.S. Hall & Michael Dale & Cutler Cleveland, 2011. "Order from Chaos: A Preliminary Protocol for Determining the EROI of Fuels," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(10), pages 1888-1907, October.
- Alexandre Poisson & Charles A. S. Hall, 2013. "Time Series EROI for Canadian Oil and Gas," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 5940-5959, November.
- Dergiades, Theologos & Martinopoulos, Georgios & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2011.
"Energy Consumption and Economic Growth: Parametric and Non-Parametric Causality Testing for the Case of Greece,"
51120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Nov 2011.
- Dergiades, Theologos & Martinopoulos, Georgios & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2013. "Energy consumption and economic growth: Parametric and non-parametric causality testing for the case of Greece," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 686-697.
- Theologos Dergiades & Georgios Martinopoulos & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2011. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth:Parametric and Non-Parametric Causality Testing for the Case of Greece," Discussion Paper Series 2011_16, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Nov 2011.
- Antonio Roma & Davide Pirino, 2008. "A Theoretical Model for the Extraction and Refinement of Natural Resources," Department of Economics University of Siena 537, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Gately, Mark, 2007. "The EROI of U.S. offshore energy extraction: A net energy analysis of the Gulf of Mexico," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 355-364, August.
- Ajay K. Gupta & Charles A.S. Hall, 2011. "A Review of the Past and Current State of EROI Data," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(10), pages 1796-1809, October.
- Bassi, Andrea M. & Powers, Robert & Schoenberg, William, 2010. "An integrated approach to energy prospects for North America and the rest of the world," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 30-42, January.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Stern, David I., 2000. "Aggregation and the role of energy in the economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-317, February.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Ruth, Matthias, 1997. "When, where, and by how much do biophysical limits constrain the economic process?: A survey of Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen's contribution to ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 203-223, September.
- Yan Hu & Lianyong Feng & Charles C.S. Hall & Dong Tian, 2011. "Analysis of the Energy Return on Investment (EROI) of the Huge Daqing Oil Field in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(12), pages 2323-2338, November.
- Hall, Charles A.S. & Lambert, Jessica G. & Balogh, Stephen B., 2014. "EROI of different fuels and the implications for society," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 141-152.
- Brown, M. T. & Herendeen, R. A., 1996. "Embodied energy analysis and EMERGY analysis: a comparative view," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 219-235, December.
- Cutler J. Cleveland & Peter A. O’Connor, 2011. "Energy Return on Investment (EROI) of Oil Shale," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(11), pages 2307-2322, November.
- Hannes Kunz & Nathan John Hagens & Stephen B. Balogh, 2014. "The Influence of Output Variability from Renewable Electricity Generation on Net Energy Calculations," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 150-172, January.
- Ing-Marie Gren & Carl Folke & Kerry Turner & Ian Batemen, 1994. "Primary and secondary values of wetland ecosystems," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 55-74, February.
- Adam R. Brandt, 2011. "Oil Depletion and the Energy Efficiency of Oil Production: The Case of California," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(10), pages 1833-1854, October.
- Roma, Antonio & Pirino, Davide, 2009. "The extraction of natural resources: The role of thermodynamic efficiency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2594-2606, August.
- Berg, Hakan & Michelsen, Petra & Troell, Max & Folke, Carl & Kautsky, Nils, 1996. "Managing aquaculture for sustainability in tropical Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-159, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.