An empirical study of the initial adoption of ISO 14001 in Japanese manufacturing firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 68 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
ISO 14001 Initial adoption Stakeholders' environmental preferences/pressures Financial flexibility Probit model Discrete-time proportional hazards model;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boiral, Olivier & Sala, Jean-Marie, 1998. "Environmental management: Should industry adopt ISO 14001?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 57-64.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990.
"Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-82, July.
- Ruihua Joy Jiang & Pratima Bansal, 2003. "Seeing the Need for ISO 14001," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 1047-1067, 06.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1991. "Exposure, legitimacy, and social disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 297-308.
- Emmanuel K. Yiridoe & J. Stephen Clark & Geb E. Marett & Robert Gordon & Peter Duinker, 2003. "ISO 14001 EMS standard registration decisions among Canadian organizations," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 439-457.
- Arora Seema & Cason Timothy N., 1995. "An Experiment in Voluntary Environmental Regulation: Participation in EPA's 33/50 Program," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 271-286, May.
- Khanna, Madhu & Damon, Lisa A., 1999. "EPA's Voluntary 33/50 Program: Impact on Toxic Releases and Economic Performance of Firms," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Kwai-Sang Chin, 1999. "Factors Influencing ISO 14000 Implementation in Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing Industry in Hong Kong," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 123-134.
- Patten, Dennis M., 2002. "The relation between environmental performance and environmental disclosure: a research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 763-773, November.
- Roberts, Robin W., 1992. "Determinants of corporate social responsibility disclosure: An application of stakeholder theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 595-612, August.
- Anton, W.R.Q.Wilma Rose Q. & Deltas, George & Khanna, Madhu, 2004.
"Incentives for environmental self-regulation and implications for environmental performance,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 632-654, July.
- Anton, Wilma Rose Q. & Deltas, George & Khanna, Madhu, 2002. "Incentives for Environmental Self-Regulation and Implications for Environmental Performance," Working Papers 02-0120, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Nakamura, Masao & Takahashi, Takuya & Vertinsky, Ilan, 2001. "Why Japanese Firms Choose to Certify: A Study of Managerial Responses to Environmental Issues," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 23-52, July.
- Eric W. Welch & Allan Mazur & Stuart Bretschneider, 2000. "Voluntary behavior by electric utilities: Levels of adoption and contribution of the climate challenge program to the reduction of carbon dioxide," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 407-425.
- Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel, 2003. "Environmental reporting management: a continental European perspective," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 43-62.
- Blackman, Allen & Guerrero, Santiago, 2012.
"What drives voluntary eco-certification in Mexico?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 256-268.
- Blackman, Allen & Guerrero, Santiago, 2010. "What Drives Voluntary Eco-Certification in Mexico?," Discussion Papers dp-10-26, Resources For the Future.
- Paul Lanoie & Stefan Ambec, 2009. "Performance environnementale et économique de l’entreprise," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 190(4), pages 71-94.
- Cody Jones, 2013. "Moving Beyond Profit: Expanding Research to Better Understand Business Environmental Management," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(6), pages 2693-2721, June.
- Inoue, Emiko & Arimura, Toshi H. & Nakano, Makiko, 2013. "A new insight into environmental innovation: Does the maturity of environmental management systems matter?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 156-163.
- Blackman, Allen, 2011.
"Does Eco-Certification Boost Regulatory Compliance in Developing Countries? ISO 14001 in Mexico,"
dp-11-39, Resources For the Future.
- Allen Blackman, 2012. "Does eco-certification boost regulatory compliance in developing countries? ISO 14001 in Mexico," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 242-263, December.
- Dayna Simpson & Damien Power & Robert Klassen, 2012. "When One Size Does Not Fit All: A Problem of Fit Rather than Failure for Voluntary Management Standards," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 85-95, September.
- Nishitani, Kimitaka, 2010. "Demand for ISO 14001 adoption in the global supply chain: An empirical analysis focusing on environmentally conscious markets," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-407, August.
- Arimura, Toshi H. & Darnall, Nicole & Katayama, Hajime, 2011. "Is ISO 14001 a gateway to more advanced voluntary action? The case of green supply chain management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 170-182, March.
- Kimitaka Nishitani & Nurul Jannah & Hardinsyah Ridwan & Shinji Kaneko, 2013. "The Influence of Voluntary and Mandatory Environmental Performance on Financial Performance: An Empirical Study of Indonesian Firms," Discussion Paper Series DP2013-01, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Lanfranchi, Joseph & Pekovic, Sanja, 2014. "How green is my firm? Workers' attitudes and behaviors towards job in environmentally-related firms," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 16-29.
- Wagner, Marcus, 2011. "Corporate performance implications of extended stakeholder management: New insights on mediation and moderation effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(5), pages 942-950, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.