An empirical study of the initial adoption of ISO 14001 in Japanese manufacturing firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 68 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
ISO 14001 Initial adoption Stakeholders' environmental preferences/pressures Financial flexibility Probit model Discrete-time proportional hazards model;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patten, Dennis M., 2002. "The relation between environmental performance and environmental disclosure: a research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 763-773, November.
- Roberts, Robin W., 1992. "Determinants of corporate social responsibility disclosure: An application of stakeholder theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 595-612, August.
- Boiral, Olivier & Sala, Jean-Marie, 1998. "Environmental management: Should industry adopt ISO 14001?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 57-64.
- Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel, 2003. "Environmental reporting management: a continental European perspective," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 43-62.
- Arora Seema & Cason Timothy N., 1995. "An Experiment in Voluntary Environmental Regulation: Participation in EPA's 33/50 Program," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 271-286, May.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1991. "Exposure, legitimacy, and social disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 297-308.
- Nakamura, Masao & Takahashi, Takuya & Vertinsky, Ilan, 2001. "Why Japanese Firms Choose to Certify: A Study of Managerial Responses to Environmental Issues," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 23-52, July.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990.
"Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-82, July.
- Kwai-Sang Chin, 1999. "Factors Influencing ISO 14000 Implementation in Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing Industry in Hong Kong," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 123-134.
- Ruihua Joy Jiang & Pratima Bansal, 2003. "Seeing the Need for ISO 14001," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 1047-1067, 06.
- Emmanuel K. Yiridoe & J. Stephen Clark & Geb E. Marett & Robert Gordon & Peter Duinker, 2003. "ISO 14001 EMS standard registration decisions among Canadian organizations," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 439-457.
- Anton, Wilma Rose Q. & Deltas, George & Khanna, Madhu, 2002.
"Incentives for Environmental Self-Regulation and Implications for Environmental Performance,"
02-0120, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Anton, W.R.Q.Wilma Rose Q. & Deltas, George & Khanna, Madhu, 2004. "Incentives for environmental self-regulation and implications for environmental performance," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 632-654, July.
- Khanna, Madhu & Damon, Lisa A., 1999. "EPA's Voluntary 33/50 Program: Impact on Toxic Releases and Economic Performance of Firms," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Eric W. Welch & Allan Mazur & Stuart Bretschneider, 2000. "Voluntary behavior by electric utilities: Levels of adoption and contribution of the climate challenge program to the reduction of carbon dioxide," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 407-425.
- Wagner, Marcus, 2011. "Corporate performance implications of extended stakeholder management: New insights on mediation and moderation effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(5), pages 942-950, March.
- Cody Jones, 2013. "Moving Beyond Profit: Expanding Research to Better Understand Business Environmental Management," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(6), pages 2693-2721, June.
- Nishitani, Kimitaka, 2010. "Demand for ISO 14001 adoption in the global supply chain: An empirical analysis focusing on environmentally conscious markets," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-407, August.
- Blackman, Allen & Guerrero, Santiago, 2012.
"What drives voluntary eco-certification in Mexico?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 256-268.
- Blackman, Allen & Guerrero, Santiago, 2010. "What Drives Voluntary Eco-Certification in Mexico?," Discussion Papers dp-10-26, Resources For the Future.
- Kimitaka Nishitani & Nurul Jannah & Hardinsyah Ridwan & Shinji Kaneko, 2013. "The Influence of Voluntary and Mandatory Environmental Performance on Financial Performance: An Empirical Study of Indonesian Firms," Discussion Paper Series DP2013-01, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Allen Blackman, 2012.
"Does eco-certification boost regulatory compliance in developing countries? ISO 14001 in Mexico,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 242-263, December.
- Blackman, Allen, 2011. "Does Eco-Certification Boost Regulatory Compliance in Developing Countries? ISO 14001 in Mexico," Discussion Papers dp-11-39, Resources For the Future.
- Arimura, Toshi H. & Darnall, Nicole & Katayama, Hajime, 2011. "Is ISO 14001 a gateway to more advanced voluntary action? The case of green supply chain management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 170-182, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.